Flyers prospect wins longest game in AHL history

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Keith Primeau is unimpressed by this game.

That game always makes me chuckle. I was a college sophomore and I remember getting home and seeing my roommate watching the game. He wasn't a Pens or Flyers fan, but he naturally got invested in a game that long.

I started a conversation and as soon as my roommate turned his head to talk to me, Primeau scored. The expression on his face was amusing. It was like he wanted to be mad at me for making him miss the moment, but he knew it wasn't my fault and the game wasn't involving his team, but yet he still wanted to be mad at me since he had sat through several OTs.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
That game always makes me chuckle. I was a college sophomore and I remember getting home and seeing my roommate watching the game. He wasn't a Pens or Flyers fan, but he naturally got invested in a game that long.

I started a conversation and as soon as my roommate turned his head to talk to me, Primeau scored. The expression on his face was amusing. It was like he wanted to be mad at me for making him miss the moment, but he knew it wasn't my fault and the game wasn't involving his team, but yet he still wanted to be mad at me since he had sat through several OTs.
I was watching the game with friends until the start of OT when I went out to do whatever it was. Hours later I went out to eat, sat down and saw a game on in the distance on the restaurants 1 TV. "Holy shit! It's still on?!" Primeau scored minutes later.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Didn't watch the game but heard about it/saw this morning and was amazed.
Never mind 5OT's. Stopping 94 shots in a game is remarkable. Quite a feat. It may be even more amazing that it's not even a club record for saves in a game as I understand it.
That record was set in the previous 5 OT game versus Charlotte by legendary Flyers goaltender Michael Leighton.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
That record was set in the previous 5 OT game versus Charlotte by legendary Flyers goaltender Michael Leighton.
Ya, I saw that earlier. Imagine stopping 94 shots and being informed it wasn’t even a club record. LOL.
I imagine the win is satisfaction enough though.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Absolutely blows my mind that it wasn't even the record for most saves. Leighton had 98 (!!!) in a game 2008. Still, what a game, what a performance.

I wonder if anybody has ever made 100 saves. Maybe that 8 OT game in Norway or wherever it was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad