Flyers partnering with University of Delaware to develop D-I women’s hockey team

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Can we gorilla glue a female wig on Risto while asleep on one of the team's charter flights and banish him to the DE Women's team?

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Very nice! I believe their club team made Nationals this year.

Hopefully this always paves the way for a men's NCAA team as well. This area needs some NCAA hockey

Doesn't sound likely, from this article on UDel's website. This appears to be tied to remaining Title IX compliant following their football team moving to FBS.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Very nice! I believe their club team made Nationals this year.

Hopefully this always paves the way for a men's NCAA team as well. This area needs some NCAA hockey
Delaware seems to be doing some investment in their sports, so I wonder if we’ll see it. They are going up to FBS in football.

But it would be nice if someone could step to the plate and let some of these local programs people here rave about get some kids to stay closer to home. There are not enough options. No D1 hockey, no Tier-I junior.

Reactions: usahockey22flyers

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Doesn't sound likely, from this article on UDel's website. This appears to be tied to remaining Title IX compliant following their football team moving to FBS.

Ahhh this makes sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad