Prospect Info: Flyers Lose Rights to D Fredric Larsson (2012 4th round pick)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
We already have Laughton, Stolarz, Gostisbehere, & Leier under contract from that draft.

Willcox & Vasiliev still have good potential to earn one as well so still batting a good rate here to this point with the 2012 draft.

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
We already have Laughton, Stolarz, Gostisbehere, & Leier under contract from that draft.

Willcox & Vasiliev still have good potential to earn one as well so still batting a good rate here to this point with the 2012 draft.

Why do Willcox and Vasiliev have a different deadline and when is it?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Why do Willcox and Vasiliev have a different deadline and when is it?

Different leagues, different rules.

Willcox went on to play in the NCAA which extended his rights to four years. He'll be a junior next year so he still has two years left on his rights.

Vasiliev was drafted out of the KHL, there's no transfer agreement between the two leagues. The Flyers can hold his rights for a while here, I don't remember the exact age but it's in his late 20's.

Larsson was drafted out of the Swedish Hockey League system. He had two years after the draft to be signed. They recently changed the window to four years now for players coming out of the Swedish system during the lockout but he fell under the old rules of two years.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He suffered a concussion in development camp a couple years ago and that seemed to keep him back. I guess he can still go to college, right? Never heard of a prospect whose rights expired before he even got to college. I think he actually goes back into the draft

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
He suffered a concussion in development camp a couple years ago and that seemed to keep him back. I guess he can still go to college, right? Never heard of a prospect whose rights expired before he even got to college. I think he actually goes back into the draft
Yep he does go back into the draft. If he doesnt get drafted (which he most likely wont) he will be a FA. You are correct on the concussion at the camp. My buddy was at it and said he was impressed by him. Was lating people out and playing good defense. Then he got rocked and got a concussion. Shame.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yep he does go back into the draft. If he doesnt get drafted (which he most likely wont) he will be a FA. You are correct on the concussion at the camp. My buddy was at it and said he was impressed by him. Was lating people out and playing good defense. Then he got rocked and got a concussion. Shame.

Yeah, I was there too. He was one of the better players on the ice

RJ8812*

photo.php

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
No NCAA program offered this kid a spot? He should have stayed in Sweden and gone the SHL route. It's got to be hard going from Swedish juniors, to the USHL, to the NCAA in just about 2 years. You really have to impress quickly.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
No NCAA program offered this kid a spot? He should have stayed in Sweden and gone the SHL route. It's got to be hard going from Swedish juniors, to the USHL, to the NCAA in just about 2 years. You really have to impress quickly.

He wasn't close to playing in the SHL though. That's why he came over to the States.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hyka was terrible in the SHL this year plus he was never really dominant in the CHL despite entering the league at 18-19.

It's probably a good thing that the deal got nixed after his 1 preseason game wonder.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
OMG!!!

Now is our chance to bring back a player that had one good pre-season game!!!

Haha. I like how people get confused on this issue. Again, people were more pissed at Homer and co didnt know common cba rules and Derek Mathers was taken over Hyka.

Derek Mathers. Mathers might not be playing hockey in a few years...

Butttt those of us who had a problem with it will continue to be labeled as thinking Hyka was an Allstar, Giroux caliber, next thing since Gretzky, etc etc.

Continue on.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Haha. I like how people get confused on this issue. Again, people were more pissed at Homer and co didnt know common cba rules and Derek Mathers was taken over Hyka.

Butttt those of us who had a problem with it will continue to be labeled as thinking Hyka was an Allstar, Giroux caliber, next thing since Gretzky, etc etc.

Continue on.

Isn't it cute when people want to disagree but don't have a leg to stand on, so they pretend the argument is about something else entirely?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I mean Hyka could very well have the same fate if we're being honest here. He flopped in the SHL this year as a 21 year old.

Even with the benefit of hindsight they both would have been bad picks which is par the course for majority of 7th round picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad