Rumor: Flyers interested in Luongo?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, can we please go back to the lockout?

Top Cheese Danish

Jan 26, 2011
NYC
Jesus, can someone just put a straight jacket on Homer already? The man can't go two seconds without pulling a trigger.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
james duthie ‏@tsnjamesduthie
Despite some denials, the tweet earlier from @EnricoCiccone is accurate. The Flyers are interested in Roberto Luongo.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Yeah because just what we need is two overpaid goaltenders signed til the end of time. Obviously bryz would be bought out but why replace him with an even worse contract.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Don Cherry Parody ‏@DonCherryParody
YKNOW IF LALONGO GOES TA PHILADELPHIA HE SHOULD HANG OUT WITH ROCKY BALBOA I HEAR HE STILL LIVES THERE

edit :

Bryz to Toronto
Luongo to Phi
Nothing to Van

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Good thing I believe is we won't give up what Vancouver wants for Luongo. Homer had problems reportedly including Coots or Schenn for Weber, he most likely won't for Luongo. If he does, I will personally see him my self. Just to talk of course.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
It would be hilarious is we shipped Bryz to Winnipeg LOL.

Serious note, maybe Nonis is interested in Toronto for Bryz if we get Luongo.

Would rather have Luongo than Bryz.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Honestly, luongo has a good personality, takes work seriously, and would be a perfect fit for the flyers.

what would u guys give up for him? (leaf equivalent so far is bozak + kadri + 2nd) from reports.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Actually now that I stop laughing at it, it's really not THAT bad if you look at it.

Could be :
To Philadelphia :
Luongo
Edler

To Vancouver :
Timonen
some other piece not named Schenn, Couturier, Voracek, or Giroux.

Then

To Philadelphia:
something of value from Chicago/Toronto
some other piece

to Chicago/Toronto :
Bryz with the flyers picking up most of his salary

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Actually now that I stop laughing at it, it's really not THAT bad if you look at it.

Could be :
To Philadelphia :
Luongo
Edler

To Vancouver :
Timonen
some other piece not named Schenn, Couturier, Voracek, or Giroux.

Then

To Philadelphia:
something of value from Chicago/Toronto
some other piece

to Chicago/Toronto :
Bryz with the flyers picking up most of his salary
Picking up most of bryzs salary with luongos contract would be pretty dumb IMO unless that salary doesn't count against the cap. I don't know the new CBA yet.

Le Oranje

Sep 20, 2010
I don't understand it. His cap hit is slightly lower than Bryz, but his contract is longer. We can't amnesty Pronger because he'll never pass a physical again. I doubt they amnesty Briere because everyone in the org. loves him. So with that being said, how in the blue hell will they:

A) Get any sort of cap flexibility without blowing the roster up
B) Find enough money to give G his extension...and Coots/Schenn after that if they pan out
C) Find a top pairing-caliber replacement for Kimmo

My head hurts.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
So we're going to bring over a 30+ goalie on a bad contract who's a headcase to replace the 30+ goalie on a bad contract who's a space cadet? Really?

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
So we're going to bring over a 30+ goalie on a bad contract who's a headcase to replace the 30+ goalie on a bad contract who's a space cadet? Really?

Luongo is superior to Bryzgalov in every facet, including a better cap hit. Bryz was made to look a lot better than he is thanks to Phoenix's stingy team defence concept - now the same is happening with Smith.

Luongo on the other hand in an all-pro goalie that has been the best in the league at his position over a 10 year stretch. I would seriously think about dropping 100 bucks on the Flyers to win the cup if they got Luo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad