Post-Game Talk: Flyers grind out a 2-1 win over Panthers, snapping their 4 game win streak

How will Panthers finish the season? 33 games to go

• They fall apart and allow both TOR and TB to knock them to wildcard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The Flyers don't know what they are lately, they had won 5 straight just a few weeks ago but stumbled into the break, following that winning streak with 5 straight losses.

I expect Torts is gently and softly signing their praises and will obviously try and have his guys ready for yet another measuring stick game vs the Panthers.

Florida comes off the break, winners of 4 straight and a 6-2-2 record in their past 10 games. I'd think Bobrovsky will get the start Tuesday night to kick off the 3 game homestand (WSH on Thursday, COL on Saturday)

Screenshot_20240204_162050_theScore.jpgScreenshot_20240204_162032_theScore.jpgScreenshot_20240204_162100_theScore.jpg

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Looks like Cousins may be back?
Not really a fan, play him a bit in playoffs but would rather see more of Lorentz and Samoskevich getting minutes as I hope Zito will let Nick walk in free agency.
Maybe Maurice knows he's a rat and will draw penalties and attention when needed?

*will never forget his goal to beat Leafs though*

Reactions: Laus723 and ShootIt

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Not really a fan, play him a bit in playoffs but would rather see more of Lorentz and Samoskevich getting minutes as I hope Zito will let Nick walk in free agency.
Maybe Maurice knows he's a rat and will draw penalties and attention when needed?

The lord has risen again

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Don't the Panthers have an easier second half? Majority of the games at home? Only one road game outside of their time zone: at Dallas?

First place is within grasp.

Reactions: Vilam

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Is Tippett back from his injury?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Cousins is a solid top 9 producer, great forechecker, and like you said plays the pest role well.

Reactions: zeroG and Laus723

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
bummer about Mackie staying down. Thought he was showing he was worthy of more games here.

To me Cousins is an ideal 4th liner. Wish Lundell had someone with more of an offensive spark on his right side

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I do wish they would stagger the week off for everyone and maybe just have the ASG after the season or something? I don't know. I get that it's for the kids, but I'm not even sure kids like the snoozer they put on every year.

At least the skills competition seemed much better received this season, though it is kind of absurd that not all of the all-stars participated, and then on top of that one of the guys who DID participate was the guy who designed it (McDavid).

The game was an even bigger joke than usual due to the clown jerseys complete with comic sans.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I think one of the issues a lot of sports face is by the end of the years fans and players just check out. The biggest league in North America has viewership issues for the probowl.

Also, the NHL has a far shorter offseason than football and I doubt they would get good turnout in June right before free agency kicks off.

The all-star/probowl games sound good in theory but it just doesn't carry the same weight it used to.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I do wish they would stagger the week off for everyone and maybe just have the ASG after the season or something? I don't know. I get that it's for the kids, but I'm not even sure kids like the snoozer they put on every year.

At least the skills competition seemed much better received this season, though it is kind of absurd that not all of the all-stars participated, and then on top of that one of the guys who DID participate was the guy who designed it (McDavid).

The game was an even bigger joke than usual due to the clown jerseys complete with comic sans.
The kids up here going to the game really seem to like it. It actually seemed to get really good reviews here.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The kids up here going to the game really seem to like it. It actually seemed to get really good reviews here.

Man, kids are f***ing stupid. :laugh:

I think one of the issues a lot of sports face is by the end of the years fans and players just check out. The biggest league in North America has viewership issues for the probowl.

Also, the NHL has a far shorter offseason than football and I doubt they would get good turnout in June right before free agency kicks off.

The all-star/probowl games sound good in theory but it just doesn't carry the same weight it used to.

Nobody watches the Pro Bowl because it stinks. Same issue as the NHL all star game, nobody wants to get injured + the players make so much money that they don't care about the payment for playing, so they have to change the rules to account for that, and it just makes things even worse.

Last edited:

ANFTL17

Oct 22, 2022
Florida
Man, kids are f***ing stupid. :laugh:

Nobody watches the Pro Bowl because it stinks. Same issue as the NHL all star game, nobody wants to get injured + the players make so much money that they don't care about the payment for playing, so they have to change the rules to account for that, and it just makes things even worse.
I think the NBA is on the right track with the in season tournament. Once they can figure out a successful way to replace the All Star festivities with that somehow, I think the NHL will follow

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
The game is not the problem. It's the players. It wont be exciting or competitive unless the players decide to make it exciting or competitive.

The NBA All-Star games used to be incredible. The players cared. MJ competed and wanted to destroy the West and the players reciprocated. Defense clamped down in the 4th quarter.

NHL ASGs used to be watchable. The 98 one was really good (NA vs the World). But to me, the NHL ASG has two fundamental issues.

1. Team representation is complete non-sense. ASGs are supposed to be the best players in the league facing off against each other. That gets immediately thrown out the window when team representation is a requirement.

2. The NHL has turned it into too much of a gimmick partly because of #1 imo. Playing for pride isnt on the table when deserving players aren't participating.

Both issues wont be fixed unless players actually cared though.

That world tournament next year will be competitive because it's best on best. They will play for pride and forced representation wont exist. Boone Jenner wont be playing over players MUCH better than him.

Reactions: VIMMM

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
The game is not the problem. It's the players. It wont be exciting or competitive unless the players decide to make it exciting or competitive.

The NBA All-Star games used to be incredible. The players cared. MJ competed and wanted to destroy the West and the players reciprocated. Defense clamped down in the 4th quarter.

NHL ASGs used to be watchable. The 98 one was really good (NA vs the World). But to me, the NHL ASG has two fundamental issues.

1. Team representation is complete non-sense. ASGs are supposed to be the best players in the league facing off against each other. That gets immediately thrown out the window when team representation is a requirement.

2. The NHL has turned it into too much of a gimmick partly because of #1 imo. Playing for pride isnt on the table when deserving players aren't participating.

Both issues wont be fixed unless players actually cared though.

That world tournament next year will be competitive because it's best on best. They will play for pride and forced representation wont exist. Boone Jenner wont be playing over players MUCH better than him.
What’s funny is Jenner had a couple of nice goals and Reino didn’t even score a point I don’t think. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad