Flyers Gameday Playlist

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
How does one come to HATE The Beatles?!

Don't like the music, but the hate comes from hearing "Oh my god, you don't like the Beatles? But they're the best band ever and blah blah blah blah [continue forever]".

Kind of like certain athletes/teams/prospects. If you don't like them and people try to ram them down your throat at every turn, eventually dislike/indifference turns to hate. It's similar to my opinion on Leaf prospects. ;)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Don't like the music, but the hate comes from hearing "Oh my god, you don't like the Beatles? But they're the best band ever and blah blah blah blah [continue forever]".

Kind of like certain athletes/teams/prospects. If you don't like them and people try to ram them down your throat at every turn, eventually dislike/indifference turns to hate. It's similar to my opinion on Leaf prospects. ;)

That is an unhealthy perspective :laugh:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Should have been a number one hit:

------------------

But this fits the criteria of "big moments..."

katesmithstatue.jpg

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Blur - Song 2 would be another solid addition

I would be totally fine with bringing that back as our goal song.

Sucks that Giroux has ****** taste in music though :laugh:

Eh I have liked the past few goal songs. Maybe you guys are just getting old. :laugh:

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
Sometimes I wish I had the athletic ability to be a hockey player and then I remember that they all seem to only enjoy Country, EDM, and Heavy Metal and realize my unathleticness is all for the best

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I cant believe ive never heard this :laugh:

I own that 45, best 99 cents ever spent.

I usually just listen to real thick gangsta rap prior to hockey. Freddie Gibbs "F*** them N*****" is my signature pregame song before Flyers/Pens, sums up my feelings there quite well.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I can't trust the musical taste of someone who cannot name a single Beatle. Giroux couldn't.
how the eff is this possible?
I'm having trouble processing this tidbit of ignorance...come on, G

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
There was a song from the 70s about the Flyers that I used to have on my iPod but it has vanished. It was just like naming the players and what they were good at and stuff like that. Very cheesey but fun song. Don't remember the name or who sung it but I remember this line because it was like they didn't have anything to say about Gary Dornhoefer:

"Fred Shero, you're our hero. And we love Dornhoefer too!"

Also, not Flyers related, but this remains the best sports team-related song:

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I remember this from years ago.

A Warrior's Call by Volbeat

I am so glad I don't remember this. I ****ing hate Volbeat. The music is ok. It my god I cannot take that autotuned fake James Hetfield wannabe singer.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I am so glad I don't remember this. I ****ing hate Volbeat. The music is ok. It my god I cannot take that autotuned fake James Hetfield wannabe singer.

This is my only knowledge of them. Never heard of them before, haven't heard of them since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad