Proposal: Flyers for mark stone

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Not sure Stone to the Flyers would happen. I think Stone goes to a playoff team not 1 on the outside looking in.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Not sure Stone to the Flyers would happen. I think Stone goes to a playoff team not 1 on the outside looking in.

Only reason I see it as a realistic place for him to land is the have the money to resign, they have the assets to trade for him and they are a decent team when they have a good goalie, seems like a place someone would want to go to try and win not for this year in particular but for the future

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I can't see anything other than a quantity for quality trade.
2018 first + Rubstov/Ratcliffe + Laughton/Hagg + 3rd
I think another team would beat this offer.

Reactions: Willis88

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Assuming it's with the promise of signing, probably a 1st, Myers and one of Ratcliffe or a 1st the following year.

Doesn't make sense for the Flyers in my opinion.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
Assuming it's with the promise of signing, probably a 1st, Myers and one of Ratcliffe or a 1st the following year.

Doesn't make sense for the Flyers in my opinion.
1st,Myers AND RATCLIFFE OR ANOTHER FIRST ? lolol. Myers isn't going anywhere

Reactions: TheKingPin

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
Isn't the ask usually a young roster player, draft pick, and prospect?

2020 1st, Oskar Lindblom, and Wade Allison or Isaac Ratcliffe

I doubt Stone makes it to free agency. He's too good. Flyers have enough depth to make a trade.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
Hopefully next year the Flyers are in position to be all in on a guy like this. For me the timing doesn't seem right.

dag54

Aug 3, 2005
How about the Flyers first round pick this year, Radko Gudas, and Isaac Ratcliffe?

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Ratcliffe probably off limits.

He would be available for Stone. Not sure the interest level in EK but it may not be that much more than 1st and Ratcliffe. And that first could be too 10 protected. Add a few roster depth players. I’d rather just sign him on July 1. If he wants to come to philly he will wait to July 1. He’s name has been coming up in rumors for years and he knows they have a lot of cap.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Why?
Cost?
UFA status?
Because otherwise Stone is legit.

I'm all in favor of getting mark stone as a UFA. But the cost to acquire as a UFA is more than I'd want to pay.

While they aren't as good as stone, we have Voracek and Konecny as top 6 RW, so if we're spending major assets, it should be to upgrade a position of real need, not a luxury piece. If I'm not mistaken, all 3 players are exclusively RW, so it'd be hard to justify giving up a player like Frost to upgrade our 3rd line with whoever gets bumped there.

Otherwise, yes, Stone is a monster and every team should want him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad