GDT: Flyers @ Flames, December 4 @ 7:00 - The "Nuke Everything" Edition

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
This is our catching up to games played game. We need a win.

Also, we had a great second half of 3rd but I'd like to see us firing on all cylinders earlier in the game. Including our top line.

Goah Flam!

Reactions: WeegarUnderwood

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Just cheering for Gaudreau points at this point.

This team will be mediocre for this cores existence unless they get a coach that can get everyone to settle down and stop making ridiculous mistakes. That won't happen.
That's not just a coaching issue. This also falls on the team leaders.

But if losing makes you happy then good for you I guess? :dunno:

I want to see Brodie with Stone, Hamonic with Kulak.
I'd like to see the lines that were producing late in Saturday's game, and move Brodie back with Giordano.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This is our catching up to games played game. We need a win.

Also, we had a great second half of 3rd but I'd like to see us firing on all cylinders earlier in the game. Including our top line.

Goah Flam!

We didn't really have that great a second half of the 3rd, to be honest. We didn't generate a lot of high quality chances, but a lot of low-quality chances went in thanks to Brossoit. They didn't generate anything, but the fact that they were defending a lead probably led to them changing the way they played.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
We didn't really have that great a second half of the 3rd, to be honest. We didn't generate a lot of high quality chances, but a lot of low-quality chances went in thanks to Brossoit. They didn't generate anything, but the fact that they were defending a lead probably led to them changing the way they played.

It looked like we had some fire though, which was good. But you're right in that we did get a lot of bounces and they starting playing like the Lottery-pick Oilers for awhile there.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It looked like we had some fire though, which was good. But you're right in that we did get a lot of bounces and they starting playing like the Lottery-pick Oilers for awhile there.
It reminded me of the Flames/Ducks series last year with roles reversed. The Flames not really playing well or generating anything, but scoring a bunch of goals anyway. :cry:

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
That's not just a coaching issue. This also falls on the team leaders.

But if losing makes you happy then good for you I guess? :dunno:

I'd like to see the lines that were producing late in Saturday's game, and move Brodie back with Giordano.

Gio, Smith and the top 6 are playing well. Can't really ask for more from the leaders.

This is starting to fall on the backs of Management and Coaching Staff. It's the Jay Bouwmeester "Best D in the league" enigma that we all know and love so much.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
It reminded me of the Flames/Ducks series last year with roles reversed. The Flames not really playing well or generating anything, but scoring a bunch of goals anyway. :cry:

That sounds like a good analogy . . . I still say for 5 - 7 minutes they showed some passion. Bennett looked possessed. Johnny was flying. It was nice to see some emotion. Even though it was too little too late.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Hamilton > Brodie in their respective times beside Gio. Not sure why everyone is so hard up on splitting up a pair that is tops in the league statistically just because one guy can't remember how to play defense.

Put Brodie on the third pair, maybe he'll wake the f up.

Gio-Hamilton
Kulak-Hamonic
Brodie-Stone

Last pairing gets just north of 15 mins.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
That middle pair would get hammered, spending most of the night in their own end.
I actually think the third pairing would be weaker.

Imo the second pairing has the worst puckmovers, but that could be fixed with better support by our forwards. They're our most positionally sound and physical Dmen after Gio and also both possess heavy shots. Stone's is more accurate, though.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The only way you'd see the LR defensive pairing switched for any significant length of time (i.e. more than two games) is if Gulutzan is fired and the new coach doesn't pointlessly limit his own options.

Should that day arise:
Giordano-Brodie
Hamonic-Hamilton
Kulak-Stone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad