Flyers fans: Significance of those jerseys tonight?

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
I didn't realize (until now) that Flyer fans have such good taste in Jerseys. I thought the jerseys were 'OK' but didn't like the gold numbers but realized it had to do with celebrating the anniversary.

I even concur with the sentiments regarding the Isles' black 'ny' jersey. It just doesn't work. Speaking of channeling (or anagrams), I will suggest the Kings. Too much LA Kings happening on that jersey?

Anyway, I like the 'reverse black/orange' alternates, too.

CelticPride

Jan 12, 2015
As a Flyers fan. I think they are atrocious, the gold with orange doesn't look good to me.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
All Flyers unis are great, except for the terrible thirds from the mid-2000s.

168c36e4f2333fdf.jpg

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Flyers randomly threw gold into the color mix. Of course we did it for the anniversary but that doesn't make it look any better.

So you say the Flyers "randomly" added the gold, then, in the next sentence, you explain why, meaning it wasn't random at all.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
They're not that bad. I prefer their regular jerseys but it makes sense to show some gold in your 50th season.

Though somehow, the gold numbering reminds me of the spinning wheel on the "price is right". Like, I know there is no gold coloured number on the wheel, but it seems like it would fit right in.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm sure you have proof of both tankings. Let's hear them.

I don't want to derail the thread too much but the tank for Lemieux is well-known by all. Here's a good write up on it:

https://hockey-graphs.com/2015/04/03/nhl-tanking-toronto-edmonton-arizona-pittsburgh-penguins/

As for Crosby, they did essentially what Toronto did to land Matthews. Nothing wrong with going full rebuild then lucking out with the lottery. I can't fault them for that. Lemieux though, yeah that was bad.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming..

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I don't want to derail the thread too much but the tank for Lemieux is well-known by all. Here's a good write up on it:

https://hockey-graphs.com/2015/04/03/nhl-tanking-toronto-edmonton-arizona-pittsburgh-penguins/

As for Crosby, they did essentially what Toronto did to land Matthews. Nothing wrong with going full rebuild then lucking out with the lottery. I can't fault them for that. Lemieux though, yeah that was bad.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming..

Crosby was drafted following a fully cancelled NHL season. Are you suggesting they tanked a season in which they played zero games?

That is a straight up ridiculous claim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad