Flyers fan looking to go to the Saturday game against Buffalo

NJGoalie

May 4, 2010
Kashyyyk
Hey guys. I'm a Flyers fan coming in peace. I'll be out in San Jose on vacation this week/weekend. My girlfriend has a meeting to go to while we are there an I'll have an afternoon to kill. I was looking at tickets on stub hub and they are around $40 for the cheapest solo seat. I had a few questions for the resident Sharks fans before picking up a ticket:

• How is the area around the arena? Am I ok going by myself? I'm a big enough guy but not one looking for trouble. I don't know the area at all.
  • Are there any seating areas to avoid that have obstructed views or just poor views of the ice?
  • Is it best to take public transportation or is parking accessible/affordable?

Any help is appreciated. Just looking to catch some good hockey while I'm in town. I've always liked the Sharks. I won't say I'm a fan as I bleed orange and black but I have a lot of respect for the Sharks and their fans.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
As far as seating, there isn't a bad seat in the house (but be mindful not to lean forward). I'd only offer a caution about sitting in the lower bowl corners because I've seen bigger guys have issues with the narrower seats.

sharksohnoes!

whatisdeadmayneverdie
Mar 9, 2006
Palo Alto, CA
I'll echo what Matt trick said; check out the ticket exchange thread. There are a lot of great STHs on this board that offer some really generous prices. Might be a little tough since it's a Saturday.

You'll be completely fine. I think you'll find Sharks fans to be pretty damn welcoming.

My favorite place to go before the game is Patty's Inn. An old school dive bar just a couple blocks away from the Tank. Cheap drinks and sausages. Usually filled to the brim with hockey fans. The Poor House is right across the street and is good too. They should have live music as well.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I'll echo what Matt trick said; check out the ticket exchange thread. There are a lot of great STHs on this board that offer some really generous prices. Might be a little tough since it's a Saturday.

You'll be completely fine. I think you'll find Sharks fans to be pretty damn welcoming.

My favorite place to go before the game is Patty's Inn. An old school dive bar just a couple blocks away from the Tank. Cheap drinks and sausages. Usually filled to the brim with hockey fans. The Poor House is right across the street and is good too. They should have live music as well.

The one other thing is that as its early in the season- I think people are hungry to actually go. But, it's Buffalo, and some people are still pretty mad with the org.

Thanks for filling in the bars. I drive up from SF, so don't get to partake.

NJGoalie

May 4, 2010
Kashyyyk
I just picked up my ticket for tomorrow's game. If anyone here is going, I'll be the only one in the building wearing a Couturier jersey. Thanks to everyone that replied. Cant wait to see the Shark Tank.

SJFanQC

Dec 14, 2010
Laval
I just picked up my ticket for tomorrow's game. If anyone here is going, I'll be the only one in the building wearing a Couturier jersey. Thanks to everyone that replied. Cant wait to see the Shark Tank.

As a Sharks fan who lives in Montreal and who's been to Ottawa for a game too, I'll say the area near the Shark Tank is great. It's not surrounded by skyscrapers like the Bell Centre is but pretty much everything you would be looking for should be there, and it's not out in the middle of nowhere like the Senators' arena is. There's lots of Sharks fans but they were very friendly to my sister who was wearing a Canadiens' jersey (it was a Sharks-Canadiens game) even when she wasn't walking around with me and my Sharks' jersey. Some light friendly trash-talk pre-game and cool talk about both teams all throughout.

We took the Caltrain from San Francisco so I don't know about parking. We were seating in the last row on the side opposite of the benches and were seeing everything well, the atmosphere was amazing too.

The arena itself is nice as it's wide, there's a lot of space when walking around unlike the Bell Centre which is so crowded it takes a while to get anywhere.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yikes, $40 for the cheapest? I saw the Sharks in Stalock's first NHL start (in Ottawa) for $20. :laugh:

It was a nice 5-2 stomping by the Sharks.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
I am sure I have seen you guys in Patty's Inn too... Poor House won't have live music at 11am... I think all their live music is 6pm nightly....

SJFanQC

Dec 14, 2010
Laval
Yikes, $40 for the cheapest? I saw the Sharks in Stalock's first NHL start (in Ottawa) for $20. :laugh:

It was a nice 5-2 stomping by the Sharks.

Last year right? I was there too, cost me 60$ per ticket for 3rd row seats. I was so close to the ice and I might not even have gotten any ticket for that price in Montréal the day before. And it cost me 80$ or something like that for last row seats halfway between center-ice and where the Sharks shot twice, in SJ, they were the best of the cheapest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad