Confirmed with Link: Flyers expansion draft protection list: Per Seravalli - Kraken Select Carsen Twarynski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
So I feel like if there's any shred of truth left to a Voracek/Tarasenko/Seattle connection, it would now only be this horrifying possibility:

Seattle gets 13th overall

St. Louis gets Voracek (50% retained by Seattle)

Flyers get Tarasenko

hahaha Chuck would do that still.

f*** it, Giroux needs a Cup

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Francis is just going to leverage all this cap space into fleecing GM's for high salary forwards in trades, right? Tank, Voracek/JVR, etc. Seattle is going to end up with a handful of first round picks this Friday when they announce the deals. :laugh:
Hope he had those deals in place, before the draft announcements. If not the other gms might be upset and not want to trade with them.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Sounds like Seattle's Giordano pick could actually be heading to the Rangers. That would be kinda wild, but yeah, there's trades to be made I guess.

EDIT @JojoTheWhale posted the tweet actually and in his post "speculation" is an important word to note there, no idea if that guy is of any value as a source.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
If there ever was serious discussions of Taresenko to Philly via Seattle, and I have reason to think there wasn't, Maybe Seravalli had Seattles wish and San Filipo had Philly's wish. CF refused the #1 pick and Francis said "fine, you can pay me now or pay me later, but it will cost you that #1 pick to dump salary."

I don't think the original speculation made any sense, because if Seattle was willing to take Voracek, they didn't need Tarasenko to do it. They could have just taken him in the ED.

The way things stand, they got Dunn, who many think highly of, and maybe they actually wanted, and now can make the Flyers give them that #1 to take Voracek, or JVR in a lop sided trade for far lesser player than Tarasenko, if CF is desperate for cap compliance.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Not sure how much you think Hart and Sanheim are going to sign for, but we'll be fine. We need to move 2/3 million which should be easy to do.

i figured around 10m for Hart/Sanheim/2G, so we'd be roughly 1.5m over the cap then. need a bit of space so yeah, we would need to clear around 2-3m off the cap somehow. dumping Hagg is a start but more would have to be done.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One thing is for sure, the picks got leaked much quicker.

Frank working for himself now has emboldened him to break stuff quicker. Can’t imagine the NHL is very happy quite frankly. Good for him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad