News Article: Flyers draft review

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Great write-up. If Vorobyov hits it will make the Umberger trade easier to swallow.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Very nice as usual, Appleyard.

It seems like Provorov would be hard to find something to say about, just due to the fact the he does everything well, and nothing jumps out at you, but I'm glad you pointed out his defensive game. It's something that you can't see looking up stats, and as it stands today, I think he's a step ahead of our other prospects in that department. I'm not saying that they won't catch up someday, but that part of his game seems really refined.

In fact, if he makes the roster this year, I think it's the reason why. You have to ask if he can really develop his defense that much further at the junior level, and if he can't, the NHL might be the best place for him.

Wud

Jan 6, 2007
Hate to nit-pick, but Wilkes-Barre is in eastern PA.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
maybe they should count deflected shots as a stat, then you can see what players are stifling good opportunities with good body/stick positioning.

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Great write-up. If Vorobyov hits it will make the Umberger trade easier to swallow.

Too bad Hartnell's cap hit isn't looking too bad in comparison to the UFA market right now. It'll be easier to swallow that trade next year, though, when RJ can be bought out for a 1.5M cap hit for 2 seasons.

Thanks for the write-up OP.

Last edited:

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Watched and taped the Brandon vs Calgary game. Provorov was a beast. I am a big Sanheim fan but Ivan really impacted the game. His goal a jaw dropper for sure. The future is bright my friends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad