Flyers don’t need “Culture Changeâ€

TeamTHG

Feb 5, 2014

452505273_213383008-e1385758619583.jpg
When a Jeff Carter or Mike Richards has a big night, there’s at least one beat guy heaping the praise and another shredding the Flyers for dumping them. The term “Culture Change†has become a mantra. The Flyers don’t need “Culture Changeâ€, they need an adjustment in their approach. Demanding a winning team year in and out is not a bad culture to have. The issue here has been the methods employed.

Far too often the Flyers have made short sighted decisions. Far too often the Flyers have changed tack in the wake of a loss and tried to ape the team that beat them the previous season. That’s what needs to change, not the demand for excellence.

Read the full story: Flyers don’t need “Culture Changeâ€, they need adjustment in approach

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
The Flyers need more players like Ryan O'Reilly. Players that will commit to winning every single day. That attitude is contagious and we would be better of with player who have high character yet loads of skill.

For all the hate the Schenn's get, routinely they were out after everyone left the ice practicing their games some more. Winners are built, they start from the ground up. Giroux, Couts, Schenn, Voracek and other have what it takes, now we just players on the back end that do the same.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The Flyers need more players like Ryan O'Reilly. Players that will commit to winning every single day. That attitude is contagious and we would be better of with player who have high character yet loads of skill.

For all the hate the Schenn's get, routinely they were out after everyone left the ice practicing their games some more. Winners are built, they start from the ground up. Giroux, Couts, Schenn, Voracek and other have what it takes, now we just players on the back end that do the same.

I'm beginning to sense ROR is your newest obsession :laugh:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
My line up next year

Ryan O Reilly-Giroux-Voracek
Bobby Ryan-Couts-Read
Hartnell-Schenn-Simmonds
E.Kane-Laughton-Kesler

Weber-Pietrangelo
Suter-Coburn
OEL-Subban

Might be tough to fit them all in under the cap but that's not my job.(Coburn is in my d to keep it realistic.)

Last edited:

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013
My line up next year

Bobby Ryan-Couts-Read
Hartnell-Schenn-Simmonds
E.Kane-Laughton-Kesler

Weber-Pietrangelo
Suter-Coburn
OEL-Subban

Might be tough to fit them all in under the cap but that's not my job.(Coburn is in my d to keep it realistic.)

I commend you for keeping Hartnell on the 3rd line over E.Kane.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
My line up next year

Bobby Ryan-Couts-Read
Hartnell-Schenn-Simmonds
E.Kane-Laughton-Kesler

Weber-Pietrangelo
Suter-Coburn
OEL-Subban

You are crazy. Absolutely crezyy. Where in the world is Zac Attack? He is an important part of this team. Who else will go out there for 5 mins and agitate other teams 4th lines?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad