Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
To Edmonton Scott Laughton and seeler
To Philly ceci and first rd pick

To Dallas walker
To Philly Bourque

Philly gets younger while not losing position in the playoffs hunt

Let me get this straight. You are a Flyers fan. And you are willing to give up Laughton and Seeler AND take on Ceci and his contract for another 2 years, for what amounts to essentially a high 2nd round pick? Brutal, dude.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
No chance Dallas touches that. Awful value for them.

That’s taking an L in trade for a very short term bump. Walker doesn’t mean the difference between beating the Avs or Peg let alone a Cup.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
No chance Dallas touches that. Awful value for them.

That’s taking an L in trade for a very short term bump. Walker doesn’t mean the difference between beating the Avs or Peg let alone a Cup.
I don't know how Dallas sees them but I had it stank -first -borq then the value isn't there
Let me get this straight. You are a Flyers fan. And you are willing to give up Laughton and Seeler AND take on Ceci and his contract for another 2 years, for what amounts to essentially a high 2nd round pick? Brutal, dude.
Ceci would make a good partner for zamula and he's bait for next year's deadline where he gets about the same as seeler

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
To Edmonton Scott Laughton and seeler
To Philly ceci and first rd pick

To Dallas walker
To Philly Bourque

Philly gets younger while not losing position in the playoffs hunt
The Edmonton trade is terrible for the Flyers. Either Laughton or Seeler and a small add should net the same return.

The Dallas trade is a huge win for the Flyers.

Girthybowlofchili

Jan 17, 2024
Why would Dallas trade their 2nd best prospect for a rental who’s barely worth a first? Borque is worth more than the first round pick he was selected at.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
This feels like a three-team trade where you forgot to include the pieces going from Edmonton to Dallas to complete it.
Getting a young ahl center we can plug in the lineup is what frees up Laughton . If seeler goes for a draft pick i think he stays. Dallas fans seem to be higher on borque than I am

Reactions: Larry44

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Honestly, if they retain Laughton and resign Walker, I will feel lied to. The team has a solid base right now and is well coached, but watch them against teams with any legitimate star power and it's easy to see how far away this team is. They should definitely trade away Laughton, Walker, Ristolainen, Atkinson and Hathaway all in the next 12 months for draft capital. Increase their chances of a late round gem by having many picks available.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Why would Dallas trade their 2nd best prospect for a rental who’s barely worth a first? Borque is worth more than the first round pick he was selected at.
Not sure what a final deal would look like, but Dallas has a real chance to win the Cup. Are they all in or not? To add to the roster you have to give up someone or something that isn’t going to help you now.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Dream would be seeing Lambert with Michkov and Tuomaala in the same line in the future. Trade a prospect for Lambert. I believe he could contribute instantly.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Honestly, if they retain Laughton and resign Walker, I will feel lied to. The team has a solid base right now and is well coached, but watch them against teams with any legitimate star power and it's easy to see how far away this team is. They should definitely trade away Laughton, Walker, Ristolainen, Atkinson and Hathaway all in the next 12 months for draft capital. Increase their chances of a late round gem by having many picks available.
I agree with trading all of the players in bold and include Seeler and Konecny if he's not going to agree to a team friendly extension. It will be a disappointment if Briere doesn't succeed with trading these players.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Dream would be seeing Lambert with Michkov and Tuomaala in the same line in the future. Trade a prospect for Lambert. I believe he could contribute instantly.
Why would the Jets want a prospect for their prospect Lambert whose development they are happy with?

Jets are not rebuilding. they’ll only move Lambert for a young player with term that can contribute now.

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
Why would the Jets want a prospect for their prospect Lambert whose development they are happy with?

Jets are not rebuilding. they’ll only move Lambert for a young player with term that can contribute now.
With his upside, if I were them, I wouldn't even do that. Kid is gonna be special imo

Reactions: Svedu

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Walker is going to be such a fantastic TDL acquisition for a team. I think he'd flourish most in EDM.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019

Well, I'm a Flyers fan and my point or thought was mostly focused on getting Lambert here. He has more raw potential than almost any prospect in the Flyers organization. He would probably cost something but I have a feeling he will cost a whole lot more in 2 years.
Also, him and Tuomaala hav played together in the same lines up to Finlands u18 and were pretty successful. Both have matching speed. Throw a Michkov or a bigger smart and strong in a future second line? Could end up pretty successful.

Girthybowlofchili

Jan 17, 2024
Not sure what a final deal would look like, but Dallas has a real chance to win the Cup. Are they all in or not? To add to the roster you have to give up someone or something that isn’t going to help you now.
They aren’t giving up a top tier prospect for a rental in a career year. Delusional asf. Walker could get a first but not a good prospect. Come back to earth my guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad