Confirmed with Link: Flyers claim Kieffer Bellows (ex of NYI)

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Isles fans say he's really slow.
He needs to work on his first few strides other than that he's ok.

Lou signed him a 1.2 million dollar deal this summer. Plays him 1 game and then puts him on waivers. Ridiculous.

This is the scouting report:

Kieffer Bellows is a skilled power forward who can dominate games. Possesses high end puckhandling ability as well as a crisp, accurate release on his shot. Proficient forechecker and loves to win puck battles, which stands out as a consistent part of his game. Strong skater who can bull through the opposition or go around them. Drives the net hard and is a decisive finisher. All-in-all, a competitor who punishes the opposition physically, as well as on the scoreboard. (Curtis Joe, EP 2016)

From what I have seen thus, he can absolutely live up to this scouting report. He's hits like a bull. He has to be given a chance. You guys did good. Lucky bastards. Stupid Lou.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bellows may be a better fit in Torts's scheme, which emphasizes an aggressive forecheck, than Trotz's more disciplined scheme.
As long as he has enough straight line speed to get down the ice, but if he doesn't skate hard on the back check as well, he'll soon be history.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He needs to work on his first few strides other than that he's ok.

Lou signed him a 1.2 million dollar deal this summer. Plays him 1 game and then puts him on waivers. Ridiculous.

This is the scouting report:

Kieffer Bellows is a skilled power forward who can dominate games. Possesses high end puckhandling ability as well as a crisp, accurate release on his shot. Proficient forechecker and loves to win puck battles, which stands out as a consistent part of his game. Strong skater who can bull through the opposition or go around them. Drives the net hard and is a decisive finisher. All-in-all, a competitor who punishes the opposition physically, as well as on the scoreboard. (Curtis Joe, EP 2016)

From what I have seen thus, he can absolutely live up to this scouting report. He's hits like a bull. He has to be given a chance. You guys did good. Lucky bastards. Stupid Lou.

Who gives a shit how he hits? Nic Deslauriers hits hard too and he sucks.

Well-rounded skill is all that matters and Bellows is a one-trick pony that doesn't finish. Just like Owen Tippett.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Bellows may be a better fit in Torts's scheme, which emphasizes an aggressive forecheck, than Trotz's more disciplined scheme.
As long as he has enough straight line speed to get down the ice, but if he doesn't skate hard on the back check as well, he'll soon be history.
His skating at the moment can hurt him on the backcheck which is why he didn't fit in Trotz system, but the kid is a finisher with a deadly shot and he can and will hit hard on the forecheck. He's fearless and the type of player who will run players through the boards if warranted. So much upside, I don't see how this acquisition is nothing but stellar for your team. I'm going to watch some Flyers game and I hope the best for the kid. I was very high on his potential. This is such as stupid move by the Islanders to let this kid just go. Points wise he's on the exact same trajectory as Wahlstrom. So stupid.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
sYYpFeS.png

It isn't like this is the first time we have heard of this fat turd - we've been getting reports and updates on him since before he was stupidly drafted in the first round. Anyone with any sense on here knows that he, like the f***ing tomato Tippett before him, is useless.

sYYpFeS.png

H91iMnE.gif

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
sYYpFeS.png

It isn't like this is the first time we have heard of this fat turd - we've been getting reports and updates on him since before he was stupidly drafted in the first round. Anyone with any sense on here knows that he, like the f***ing tomato Tippett before him, is useless.

sYYpFeS.png

H91iMnE.gif
I'll gladly take him back if you're having second thoughts.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
At the draft I wanted him and we went with Rubtsov. What the hell happened to Bellows?
Flyers moved down 4 picks by trading with Jets……. 18 to 22….. jets choose Logan Stanley at 18 …..Bellows goes @19 and Rubtsov is picked @22!

Flyers got a 2 nd round pick for moving down which they wasted on drafting Laberg when they could have drafted DeBrincat who was drafted 3 picks later!

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I can't say I've ever watched Bellows play, but from what I've read from Isles beats and general NHL pubs on the Bellows waiving, it sounds eerily familiar to the NAK situation?

Plays a strong forechecking game, goal scorer in pre-draft leagues, often passed over / scratched by coaching staff for whatever reason in favour of others, ultimately gets waived and claimed.

So... worst case is that we recouped an NAK type guy for free? I know this organization is loaded with middle / bottom six talent, but they aren't all created equal.

Interested to see if he plays tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Flyers moved down 4 picks by trading with Jets……. 18 to 22….. jets choose Logan Stanley at 18 …..Bellows goes @19 and Rubtsov is picked @22!

Flyers got a 2 nd round pick for moving down which they wasted on drafting Laberg when they could have drafted DeBrincat who was drafted 3 picks later!
Zing....

our ability to miss in the draft is so bad its kinda funny

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Ridiculous to gripe about Bellows.

Couturier, Atkinson, & JVR are all out injured.

The prospect most likely to get called up for offense, Brink, is out injured.

They have a hole at LW & a need for offense. Bellows is a left wing & his game is *supposed* to be offense.

Doesn’t cost the Flyers a thing to give him a try. If he sucks, who cares. Zero risk move. On the off chance he helps, they got a useful young player for nothing.

Reactions: dats81

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ridiculous to gripe about Bellows.

Couturier, Atkinson, & JVR are all out injured.

The prospect most likely to get called up for offense, Brink, is out injured.

They have a hole at LW & a need for offense. Bellows is a left wing & his game is *supposed* to be offense.

Doesn’t cost the Flyers a thing to give him a try. If he sucks, who cares. Zero risk move. On the off chance he helps, they got a useful young player for nothing.

It's the fact that four years into Fletcher's tenure, the cupboard is so bare that they annually have to pack waiver fodder all over the place. Try to think big picture. It's one of many signs that your boy who you support more than the team is a failure.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
It's the fact that four years into Fletcher's tenure, the cupboard is so bare that they annually have to pack waiver fodder all over the place. Try to think big picture. It's one of many signs that your boy who you support more than the team is a failure.
Also the self own he implied, that Brink would still be in the AHL if he and everyone was else was healthy.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Anyone with half a brain knew Bellows would struggle at the next level, He was carried by a really good Hawks team. All he has is a shot, and could barely get it off on his own in Juniors. He relied A LOT on his teammates to get his shot off.

I was worried the Flyers would draft him but then again, our pick didn’t work out anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad