Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Caps | 1/14/15 | 8pm EST NBCSN | Calling Doctor DRIIIIIVE!!!

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The 90/92/20 line's play is pretty much a direct function of how much space they're given. If they have the room to dip and dangle, they will tear you apart. If you get your stick in their skates or keep them along the walls, they'll struggle to create legitimate scoring chances. Flyers didn't give them much room for most of the game tonight

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
I think 65 is the wrong guy. When Wilson was crashing and bashing there was a lot of open ice for them to work with. When Wilson ran out of gas or motivation that action slowed down. Watching Bura on that line is like watching them with Semin but without any god mode.

Exactly, I honestly think Bura needs to be down in Hershey playing top minutes to work on his game. It looks a lot of times like he is being passive and watching plays instead of making them.

I think Wilson or Fehr is the way to go with that line, unless they trade for a top 6 winger but I think they have more need at 2C and then shift Kuzya over to wing with OV

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
I had a look today for another reason. 90 had 8pts in the 10 games coming into tonight. I have no issue with Johansson's game. Is 8pts in 10 games not good enough?

It's not all about the stats. Mojo has been pretty horrible aside from the game he had against the Leafs. He's barely been shooting the puck and looks more like the Mojo of last year.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I had a look today for another reason. 90 had 8pts in the 10 games coming into tonight. I have no issue with Johansson's game. Is 8pts in 10 games not good enough?

It's what's stopping me from getting on his case. But my eyes are telling me that he is not playing particularly well, not really making his linemates better, not really making a decisive contribution in any particular area. Which makes me feel like his points are a flash in the pan. That goes for Brouwer, too. Kuz has his issues, but at least he shows great potential.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
WTF was Laich thinking where he almost tipped it past Holtby with around 1:10 left, it was like a perfect deflection on a wide left shot by Streit.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I think 65 is the wrong guy. When Wilson was crashing and bashing there was a lot of open ice for them to work with. When Wilson ran out of gas or motivation that action slowed down. Watching Bura on that line is like watching them with Semin but without any god mode.

Wrong guy compared to who? Ideal RW? Wilson right now? Wilson attaining full potential?

Bura may not be the best fit compared to some ideal RW, but he may be the Caps' best option, for a while at least. Fehr is a key cog in the 3rd line. Wilson dropped off by a lot. Basically, unless/until Wilson can displace him, who else is there?

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012

I just don't think 65 is an NHL player right now. He should be developing in Hershey. He kills the possession almost every time he gets the puck.

"bad" Wilson was better than Burakovsky on the first line.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I just don't think 65 is an NHL player right now. He should be developing in Hershey. He kills the possession almost every time he gets the puck.

"bad" Wilson was better than Burakovsky on the first line.

And Wilson has played great on the 4th line. I'd be okay with sending him to Hershey. Latta on the 4th line, Wilson up top.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Wrong guy compared to who? Ideal RW? Wilson right now? Wilson attaining full potential?

Bura may not be the best fit compared to some ideal RW, but he may be the Caps' best option, for a while at least. Fehr is a key cog in the 3rd line. Wilson dropped off by a lot. Basically, unless/until Wilson can displace him, who else is there?

I think I was responding to the thought that Ov and Backstrom have been unspectacular of recent. When Wilson was on his game that line rocked. The line went dull when Wilson lost whatever he lost and Bura hasn't replaced what Wilson lost or created something new.

He's not the right guy to play in that spot. I made no comment otherwise and really have no opinion. The good Wilson is better. Bura and the lesser Wilson are not up to it. I do not see anyone on the roster that makes sense for that role right now other than the good Wilson.

I suggest a trade at some point.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
It's not all about the stats. Mojo has been pretty horrible aside from the game he had against the Leafs. He's barely been shooting the puck and looks more like the Mojo of last year.

Has he? People love to pick on Mojo. He's having a career year and 4th on the team in scoring.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I think I was responding to the thought that Ov and Backstrom have been unspectacular of recent. When Wilson was on his game that line rocked. The line went dull when Wilson lost whatever he lost and Bura hasn't replaced what Wilson lost or created something new.

He's not the right guy to play in that spot. I made no comment otherwise and really have no opinion. The good Wilson is better. Bura and the lesser Wilson are not up to it. I do not see anyone on the roster that makes sense for that role right now other than the good Wilson.

I suggest a trade at some point.

I don't object to Caps obtaining a kick-ass 1RW.

But I think Bura can actually be a pretty good option there, so I'm fine with him developing on the 1st line.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Has he? People love to pick on Mojo. He's having a career year and 4th on the team in scoring.

He's on pace for 48 points, barely a career high, pretty much his norm for the past few years. He'll likely set a career high in goals though.

Always been meh on Mojo, know what he is and wouldn't mind shipping him.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

100% agree.

If they could do something with Green (like NEVER play him at even strength) this team will be complete.

I would love Vermette but not at what MacKenzie is saying the Yotes are asking for him (top prospect and a 1st). They just did this, lets not do it again.

If Green/Mojo and a pick gets it done, sure, but pretty sure the Yotes pass. ;)

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Flyer fans can't seem to figure out that all the sticking up for their guys and post whistle stuff will not get them power plays in which they live off of?

Funny seeing some meltdown for not being the aggressor.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
You are comfortable with him in Caps' top 6?

I absolutely would be. But I'm also more than fine with him in his current spot on the Caps 3rd line.

Not sure what's so hard for people to grasp that Laich-Fehr-Ward is the team's 2nd line. Trotz has said so, and their ice time matches his statement.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I absolutely would be. But I'm also more than fine with him in his current spot on the Caps 3rd line.

Not sure what's so hard for people to grasp that Laich-Fehr-Ward is the team's 2nd line. Trotz has said so, and their ice time matches his statement.

Because by top-6 people basically mean scoring. Laich-Fehr-Ward may get 2nd line (or similar) ice-time, but I think few expect them to provide consistent secondary scoring. Which means the "other" middle-6 line is the one that will need to provide it. Myself, I have some doubts about how to build such a line with Mojo on it. Not impossible, but tricky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad