Post-Game Talk: Flyers @ Caps | 1/14/15 | 8pm EST NBCSN | Calling Doctor DRIIIIIVE!!!

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Niskanen was pissed about that hit from Simmonds and looked determined to smoke the next Flyer he saw - unlucky for Laughton. If Simmonds doesn't make that borderline hit on Nisky, I don't think Laughton gets trucked. Hockey has a unique way of doling out consequences.

Holtby in full Zen Master mode now.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I wonder what our record under Oates was. I also wonder how many goals we've let in within two minutes after scoring under Trotz vs under Oates. And how many multi goal leads we've blown this year vs under Oates. Seems like a good project for one of the beat writers.

2012-2013: 17-8-1 (20th)
2013-2014: 28-9-5 (20th)

This year, 2nd behind MTL in percentage, 1st in the league in total wins.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I agree with those complaining about Bura's possession game right now, but I don't understand why that aspect of his game has fallen apart. He looked like a great possession guy in his first ~10 games. What changed? Did the move to wing mess him up? Are things just naturally getting tighter as the season goes on?

It's disappointing to see that aspect of his game regress so quickly.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
I agree with those complaining about Bura's possession game right now, but I don't understand why that aspect of his game has fallen apart. He looked like a great possession guy in his first ~10 games. What changed? Did the move to wing mess him up? Are things just naturally getting tighter as the season goes on?

It seems almost like he had gotten too confident. Instead of making the simple dump it in the corner play, or cycle it down low, he might try to make that extra move and it backfires and he gets stripped. Furthermore, defensemen may have been giving him more space at the beginning not really knowing the book on him yet. The book now seems to be to get close to him and lean on him. He isn't strong enough yet to withstand that play every time.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009

Its called being young.

Young players can be wildly inconsistent. They will look great for stretches and horrible at others.

He'll be fine. Fans just have to be more patient and expect this stuff from these youngins.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It was nice to hear the rare shout out to Scott Stevens after the Nisky hit. Its almost like the hockey world ignores that he was ever on our team. I cannot believe it has taken 20 years to see someone else finally throw a hit like he did almost nightly here but better late than never.

And there were mentions of Archie "The Hitman" Henderson fighting Behn Wilson.

The network guys were getting awful nostalgic versus the normal pound on Ovi routine that is long since played out.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Eh, it's good cop/bad cop. Chief gives the explanation Flyers fans need to hear, and Hextall says what they want to hear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad