Proposal: Flyers/Canadiens

captain9nyr

@captain9nyr
Feb 4, 2009
Hammonton, NJ
Flyers trade Claude Giroux and Mark Streit to Canadiens for Alex Galchenyuk and Tomas Plekanec. Plekanec moves out just for cap purposes, Galchenyuk headed to RFA, Giroux signed for 4 more years, Streit UFA at end of year. Flyers get much younger with Galchenyuk, Canadiens get a 1C to try and win now, window of a few years.

Thoughts?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
would rather go after both Simmons and Voracek. Now that would give the Habs some hope...

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Not enough for Giroux especially when Flyers take on 7 goals and 6M in Plekanec.

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
Philly wouldn't do this trade. It also makes more sense to try and find a 2C for this team to add center depth. Perhaps in a few years if everything works out with their defensive prospects, they could trade one for a 2C. I think if Philly had a proper 2C; Couturier is better suited as an elite 3C, it would make Giroux's job a lot easier.

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
That's pretty nice. I think if that was a first I'd do it personally.

Am a Flyers fan, thought that was fair for both sides if were to happen

Couts is a good 2c, but him being used more as a shutdown center would play to his strengths. He can shut down top lines and chip in rather than anchoring a 2nd scoring line.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Am a Flyers fan, thought that was fair for both sides if were to happen

Couts is a good 2c, but him being used more as a shutdown center would play to his strengths. He can shut down top lines and chip in rather than anchoring a 2nd scoring line.

He has shown signs this year of improving his offense like driving to the net and being more creative but is shot stinks and he is slow in his decision making. Those are things that he can improve upon. He is a more ideal "elite 3C" in the end. I have never thought we should trade him but if we can get a 1B center or a very good 2C then it may be worth it with some of the two way forwards coming up. Seeing what Hanzal just got that may be a good option.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Is Giroux worth 8.25m for next four years? Seems to me the Canadians would nix that deal just for cap reasons.
And the logic that the Canadians are going for it now. Well I think that ship has sailed. If they make playoffs, they certainly aren't beating the Rangers, Caps or Pens and maybe not Bruins, Sens, CBJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad