News Article: Flyers build "Rage Room" for fans in the arena!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Oh no... Not rival fans! Their opinion and what they say is so important!

tenor.gif

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Is it just me or is this org becoming a little gimmicky

Sports themselves are a gimmick. The most innovative in-arena (and immediate outside area) experiences I've witnessed are in Nashville and Vegas, both cities leaning into their party-town atmospheres.

In Vegas it's the kitschy pregame shows, the elaborate castle set, the weird LED-covered drummer guys, the very-Vegas merchandise, like branded robes and smoking jackets.

In Nashville it's the built-in band stage, the playoff time car smash, the parade of different country stars singing the anthem, and all the crowd chanting (that and the smoking deck. it's so Tennessee).

And that shit all makes the game more fun! The crowd is loose, they're ready to go, and since you're in Nashville or Vegas, you're usually pretty hammered. It doesn't detract from anything, it just makes stuff louder and wilder. Both good things.

Philadelphia doesn't have the same sort of vibe as those two bigtime party cities. It's a weird, angry, historic town. So the team's promotions and marketing squads are going after the "weird" and "angry" heavily. I know we're like the 7th Original 6 team and are supposed to thumb our nose at the efforts of these newcomers, but I'm actually pretty happy with all of these things, from Gritty to the arena upgrades to the marketing team's work.

Last edited:

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
When is Bettman going to come out ala Vince McMahon and claim that hockey is no longer a sport, it's now sports entertainment?

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Remember boys and girls... Philadelphia is the ONLY sports city that have bad fans (according to the page on the main boards).

We bad, everybody else good. :(

"After the Canucks lost to the Bruins in the 7th game of the Stanley Cup in ’94, 140 people were injured including 9 police officers and 4 stab wound victims. Since the riots Canuck fans have grown increasingly obnoxious and arrogant, despite the fact that the Canucks have failed to make it back to the Stanley Cup championship."

canuck.jpg

"Canadiens fans are more than bitter about their team’s decades-long losing streak. They boo the United States national anthem, heckle their own players and riot every time they make the playoffs."

can.jpg

"In recent years, 49ers fans have become increasingly violent. Recently, a man wearing a “F*** the 49ers” shirt was shot multiple times in the gut. Stabbings have become a routine thing at Levi’s Stadium."

fight-360x240.jpg

"Alabama fans are known for being a bit thick, but this story takes the cake. In December of 2013, a Crimson Tide fan shot and killed a fellow fan for not being upset enough about a loss to rival Auburn. A witness had this to say about what happened. 'She said we weren't real Alabama fans because it didn't bother us that they lost. And then she started shooting.'"

And the Footy fans ... yikes!

AEK Athens' Champions League clash with Ajax was marred by violent scenes before kick-off. Ajax fans came under attack in the Greek capital as home supporters threw flares into the stands housing the Dutch supporters. Shocking photos showed police officers hitting Ajax fans, leaving some of them caked in blood in the away end.

skysports-ajax-aek-athens-fans_4501599.jpg

skysports-ajax-fans-police_4501610.jpg

"As many as 25 people were killed Sunday night in Egypt when fans outside an overflowing soccer match clashed with police, reports said. Most of the dead were suffocated when a crowd stampeded after police used tear gas to stop fans trying to force their way into a league match between two Cairo clubs, Zamalek and Enppi, Reuters reported."

29906170001_4039701601001_thumb-eb38488671639e066d0f6a706700541a.jpg

Sorta makes our little "rage room" look pretty tame.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
These things have been popping up the past year or so.

The Flyers did not invent this.

Reactions: Foggy14

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
These things have been popping up the past year or so.

The Flyers did not invent this.
Years ago it was on the show Dragon's Den....which was the Canadian version of Shark Tank. Note...Shark Tank was the spin off...we did it first!

;)

Just like Thanksgiving...which is this coming Monday!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Years ago it was on the show Dragon's Den....which was the Canadian version of Shark Tank. Note...Shark Tank was the spin off...we did it first!

;)

Just like Thanksgiving...which is this coming Monday!

Thanksgiving on a Monday is stupid. Stupid Canadians.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Yeah...who wants a long weekend?

Better to have it on a Thursday...then have to go to work...then the weekend

:confused:

This is Canadian Thanksgiving propaganda. Unless you’re in retail or dining or the like (where you’d likely work the weekend regardless), many offices close on Black Friday, or people just take off. So, it’s more like a 4 day weekend. Which is better than 3.

Skizwald

Feb 1, 2016
Philadelphia
Instead of adding stuff like this the Flyers should be more concerned with their on ice product. Attendance wasn't dropping because people were upset they didn't have a room to break stuff in.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This is Canadian Thanksgiving propaganda. Unless you’re in retail or dining or the like (where you’d likely work the weekend regardless), many offices close on Black Friday, or people just take off. So, it’s more like a 4 day weekend. Which is better than 3.
Ahh yes...Black Friday...where people line up for hours to buy TV's.

;)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah...who wants a long weekend?

Better to have it on a Thursday...then have to go to work...then the weekend

:confused:

I always take off the day after Thanksgiving (Black Friday) and have a 4 day weekend :naughty:

Stupid head.

Reactions: Foggy14

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Or we just sit and sleep. Thats what most people do. Only the crazies bother with Black friday. Just sit and wait for cyber monday instead.

I nurse my food and beer hangover and watch the Flyers, who always play an afternoon game on Black Friday.

Reactions: dragonoffrost

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I nurse my food and beer hangover and watch the Flyers, who always play an afternoon game on Black Friday.

I spend the morning actually going out and getting beer. Black friday is when a lot of places begin doing beer releases, and rare-bottle sell offs. Carton Epitome is always released and promptly sold out on that day.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad