Flyers board mock results (LA Kings)

Hexy4

Mar 12, 2007
Hey guys I ended up getting the Kings in our annual mock draft. Thought you guys might like to see the results.

LA Kings final haul...

1 - 2 - Los Angeles - Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury (OHL)
2 - 35 - Los Angeles - Jake Neighbours, LW, Edmonton (WHL)
2 - 50 - Los Angeles - Lukas Cormier, D, Charlottetown (QMJHL)
2 - 56 - Los Angeles - Jeremy Poirier, D, Saint John (QMJHL)
3 - 66 - Los Angeles - Joel Blomqvist, G, Oulu (SM-Liiga)
3 - 84 - Los Angeles - Daemon Hunt, D, Moose Jaw (WHL)
4 - 97 - Los Angeles - Maxim Groshev, RW/LW, Nizhnekamsk (KHL)
4 - 113 - Los Angeles - Zayde Wisdom, RW, Kingston (OHL)
5 - 128 - Los Angeles - Eliot Ekmark, C, Linkoping J20 (SuperElit)
6 - 159 - Los Angeles - Will Cranley, G, Ottawa (OHL)
7 - 190 - Los Angeles - Yaroslav Likhachev, RW, Blaineville-Boisbriand (QMJHL)

Doesn’t look to bad to me. Probably would have liked to switch out one of those last few forwards for another Def, but that’s just the way it fell I guess. What do you guys think?

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Solid hockey names in that list. Well done. Daemon Hunt? Zade Wisdom?! Right down to the last round with Yaroslav Likhachev. Impressive. Very impressive.

Reactions: Hexy4

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I'd love landing Poirier, kid oozes skill and I think Yawney could work wonders for him down the line. Nice drafting, makes sense Flyers East did well on behalf of Flyers West! We only have Hextall and Carter left from the height of our Flyers West powers though.

Reactions: Hexy4

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I'd love landing Poirier, kid oozes skill and I think Yawney could work wonders for him down the line. Nice drafting, makes sense Flyers East did well on behalf of Flyers West! We only have Hextall and Carter left from the height of our Flyers West powers though.

Poirier does have a lot of skill offensively, but he's pretty bad in his own end. Maybe it's part of the scheme they play in the Q, but people that watch him closely just have zero confidence that he can play defense. So he's a boom-bust prospect for whoever takes him, likely a 4-5 year project defensively, we'll see. We all have no clue how the Kings look at him value wise, he would be an interesting pick for sure. There are quite a few defenders in this draft that have great size and are good skaters with a lot of potential, but are projected in the 2nd-3rd rounds because they are very raw defensively or their hockey IQ is suspect at best. I imagine we'll end up with at least one of those guys in the 2nd round. Good times.

Reactions: BringTheReign

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
I get the feeling that the Kings will be fluid with their 2nd picks. If a guy they want is there in the 1st, they will move up. I am hoping that a Dman will slide to them somewhere that has the flair they lack on the blueline Offensively.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I get the feeling that the Kings will be fluid with their 2nd picks. If a guy they want is there in the 1st, they will move up. I am hoping that a Dman will slide to them somewhere that has the flair they lack on the blueline Offensively.

At some point, they will start to run out of contracts and need to consolidate players or future picks, they picked 9 players in 2019 (already signed 5), and of course they have 21 picks over next 2 drafts (12 in the top 100).

Reactions: crassbonanza

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad