Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2021

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
Full of joy and always trying to make the Kindergarten Caniacs™ a fun, family team

984381216.jpg.0.jpg

Mastermind Don selects Caedan Bankier

Caedan Bankier at eliteprospects.com

Bankier-1024x1365.jpg

@FLYguy3911

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Perfect timing. I was just drafting my selection.

Montreal selects it's second Italian of the 4th round - David Gucciardi.

Ideal frame with defensive instincts and underrated skill. Michigan State is long due to produce another NHLer.

(They guy skating faster than everyone else).

@Haanz is on the clock.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
With the 129th pick, New Jersey finally goes for the D (a big’un, too). The Devils select their first defenseman, Tyson Hinds - a player who came to life after a mid-season trade and is someone we feel has quite a bit of untapped potential.

upload_2021-6-15_0-45-49.jpeg

New Jersey Devils Selections
4) Jesper Wallstedt, G, Luleå HF (SHL)
22) Cole Sillinger, C, Sioux Falls (USHL)
54) Zach Dean, C, Gatineau Olympiques (QMJHL)
68) Tyler Boucher, F, USNTDP (USHL)
100) Jayden Grubbe, C, Red Deer Rebels (WHL)
129) Tyson Hinds, D, Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL)

@flyerslducks you’re up.

Attachments

• upload_2021-6-15_0-41-1.jpeg
    upload_2021-6-15_0-41-1.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 1

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
hqdefault.jpg

Morgan Freeman: "Hello there folks. We're back from commercial break. Just in the early parts of Round 5 of the 2021 Escapades. I just have to reiterate to you lovely folks that I don't understand what some people call Hockey Guys. It seems like the owners of this miserable league hire the same old group of guys as coaches. They're passed around like the cheap booze at a college house party. Same old people just in new places. Or you have those folks who did something decent for about a decade but never won the Cup but somehow they get a third job from a vanilla GM. And it turns out that vanilla GM was mediocre for a decade at his former job."

3x

"I'll tell you what folks, I've lived a long and great life to this point. I have never seen a professional sports league regurgitate the same old staff over and over again like this Rubber Puck League. And the worse part is that the owners expect things to change. I get that you old dinosaur brains are afraid of statistics and numbers. Numbers can be scary. But in my humble opinion, it's wise to find a happy medium between your traditional hockey game plans or evaluations of players and using the fancy statistics as well."

"Anyways I digress folks. We're back on the clock with Seattle. Once again I toss it over to the world's richest tease, Mr. Gabe Newell of Valve Software."

santa-.jpg

GabeN: "Howdy folks. Welcome back to fully remodeled Key Arena here in Seattle. I know it's officially named Climate Pledge Arena but that doesn't roll off the tongue. Anyways I hope you fine folks from an alternate universe are enjoying E3 2021. Honestly it's been absolutely meh so far. Hopefully Nintendo does something cool. Now for the selection from Mr. Ron Francis."

*Tears open envelope*

GabeN: "Quote 'The Kraken are at a point in the draft where we would like to trade down in order to snag up two players on our list. However, the Powers that Be have forbidden trades. My scouting staff and I still have no idea who we took in the expansion draft. As a result, this is a Blind Any % Speedrun. Now Mr. Newell mentioned something from our last selection that inspired me. Seattle has had a history of working with Japanese companies. That history needs to be brought back. I'm going to ownership hoping for a Nintendo partnership in the near future.

With that being said, with their first ever 5th round selection, the Seattle Kraken are proud to select Yusaku Ando."

yusaku-ando-2020-5435.jpg

GabeN: "He's going to Minnesota State University at Mankato to play college hockey. Minnesota... Bless this poor child."

CheapLazyBalloonfish-max-1mb.gif

Seattle Kraken Selections
2) Matthew Beniers, C, Michigan (NCAA)
35) Corson Ceulemans, RHD, Brooks Bandits (AJHL)
67) Liam Dower Nilsson, C, Frölunda HC (SHL)
99) Olivier Nadeau, RW, Shawinigan (QMJHL)
131) Yusaku Ando, F, Youngstown (USHL)

@denominator , keeper of our mock draft records is up with back to back selections. Will PM as well.

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
56e22308c804a.image.jpg

You might be wondering why the Columbus Blue Jackets have requested that Ron McLean host a special episode of Hometown Hockey for picks 132 and 133, and that's fair.

After a long preamble about how great and inclusive hockey is, and an instinctive lean to his right away from his longtime co-host, Ron delves into a story about skating on Charlie Lake and playing in pond hockey tournaments and how cold it is up in northern BC.

With the 132nd pick, the Columbus Blue Jackets are proud to select Fort St John local and probably guaranteed bust, Caden Brown.

Brown-Signed-01-1024x1024.jpg

Ron invites an obviously underage kid to join him on screen and hands him a Blue Jackets jersey. The kid looks confused but is happy to play along. Jarmo Kekalaianeneneoeneoenaaaiaaiaiaianaaiananananan strides confidently out on the ice and yanks the jersey out of the kid's hands before yelling at Ron:

"Not that Caden Brown, you twerp! The one from the USNDTP that is actually draft eligible".

Ron launches into a long heartfelt apology, that everyone buys in the moment but upon further reflection feels wrong.

A long awkward pause ensues, before Jarmo stares blankly into the camera and speaks two words:

"Ty Voit"

Detroit is up (AGAIN) so @Strawberry Fields have at it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad