Fantasy Sports: Flyers Board Mock Draft 2018

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
5 days until the draft lottery.

I've started to fill in the picks on the first page using prosportstransactions.com

Shouldn't I also have a pick (at the moment) at 22 since Ottawa got Pittsburgh's 1st in the Brassard trade?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
With the 1st overall pick in the 2018 Mock Draft, the Buffalo Sabres are over the f***ing moon excited to select, from Frölunda HC of the Swedish Hockey League, defensemen
RASMUS DAHLIN.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Gotta take BPA and he will replace MaxP when traded.

"Les Canadiens are appy to take, from Alifax, Funky Goal Zadina!"

image.jpg

@pit your turn to pick!

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
ottawa-senators-general-manager-pierre-dorion-holds-a-press.jpeg

Hello, I'm Pierre Dorion, the General Manager of the Ottawa Senators. Please excuse my facial expression for a moment while our team owner, Mr. Eugene Melnyk, finishes inserting his entire hand and arm into my rectum so that he can operate my mouth like a puppet.

Aaaaaaanndd...eeeuuugggh....done.

First of all, screw all you people in Ottawa who don't give this enough money and fail to respect us for barely hitting the salary floor. Don't you feel bad for your poor fandom? If not, you should.

I wish we were drafting Rasmus Dahlin right now so that we could not pay, I mean, so that we could trade away Erik Karlsson in order to align new assets with the current development of this team. And not because I'm cheap. But since that chance at Dahlin is gone, I am at least glad to say that we will be drafting twice in this first round and getting some nice cheap ELC's into the organization so that we can sell you on false hope for the future before we head to Quebec City. I guess we should try and draft someone with a French sounding name like Bouchard, just in case. But I would rather have someone on this team who can possibly help fight off the fans if there is a revolt. Failing that, I can throw his fat bastard father at the crowd as a roadblock and run away.

With the fourth overall pick of the 2018 draft, the Ottawa Senators select Brady Tkachuk.

@HammerTime44, you are up.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
iwjYHvEzlsyrEvJ-800x450-noPad.jpg

I, Ken Holland, am very inept and have actively been running this franchise into the f***ing ground for years.

Even so, since this is the NHL, you idiot's actually just gave me a contract extension.

:cheers:
:party:
:partytime:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
:deadhorse
:dunce::dunce::dunce:
:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Thanks for the paycheck's assholes.

:wings
Detroit selects...

Evan Bouchard. Because why not? Life has no consequences.

Evan-Bouchard.jpg

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
iwjYHvEzlsyrEvJ-800x450-noPad.jpg

I, Ken Holland, am very inept and have actively been running this franchise into the ****ing ground for years.

Even so, since this is the NHL, you idiot's actually just gave me a contract extension.

:cheers:
:party:
:partytime:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
:deadhorse
:dunce::dunce::dunce:
:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Thanks for the paycheck's *******s.

:wings
Detroit selects...

Evan Bouchard. Because why not? Life has no consequences.

Evan-Bouchard.jpg

Can’t tell if you’re selecting as Stizzle or Ken Holland. :laugh:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Sorry for the delay but i first had to go tell Benning he don't know crap and i'm making the choice. so without further delay Adam Boqvist .
blackhawk down you up

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
I'd hate to put an autopick in so early. Joe Veleno is the next player on the autopick list (The Draft Analyst | 2018 NHL Draft: Top-500 Rankings for January).

We need to stick to the 12 hour selection window or we will never make 217 picks in 53 days. Please remember to PM or @ the next in line to pick.

If we don't see the Blackhawks GM in the next couple hours, Veleno will be his selection. Any objections?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
For the integrity of our fake fun mock draft, I do think Veleno — not talking my opinion of him — going at #8 is rather high, even for an ardent supporter. This early I don’t want to see things get blown up.

I think more realistically someone like Quinn Hughes or Oliver Wahlstrom or dark horse Jesperi Kotkaniemi would go here. Fits Chicago’s drafting style and needs too. They really need everything, especially offense creating. Big time USA hockey drafter, unafraid of smaller players, and even used a 1st on Teravainen out of Finland several years back, so all plausible too.

I’m all ‘bout dat INTEGRITY yo.

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
For the integrity of our fake fun mock draft, I do think Veleno — not talking my opinion of him — going at #8 is rather high, even for an ardent supporter. This early I don’t want to see things get blown up.

I think more realistically someone like Quinn Hughes or Oliver Wahlstrom or dark horse Jesperi Kotkaniemi would go here. Fits Chicago’s drafting style and needs too. They really need everything, especially offense creating. Big time USA hockey drafter, unafraid of smaller players, and even used a 1st on Teravainen out of Finland several years back, so all plausible too.

I’m all ‘bout dat INTEGRITY yo.

That's a fair point for sure. If can get a consensus on a player to select, that's good enough. I'm off to work, so if someone else could post a selection - that would be great. Even better would be the Chicago GM to make the selection.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
As per the rules of last year we had a list of players that were to be used for auto pick. Now we’re saying that way isn’t good enough and we have to vote on the auto pick player? That could get annoying. I think we should pick a list and stick to it. JMO.

Reactions: Chuck Downie

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As per the rules of last year we had a list of players that were to be used for auto pick. Now we’re saying that way isn’t good enough and we have to vote on the auto pick player? That could get annoying. I think we should pick a list and stick to it. JMO.

If Veleno is that high we arent using a good ranking to auto-pick from and should switch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad