Proposal: Flyers and Capitals

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Ottawa just acquire a good goalie prospect in Filip Gustavsson at the deadline, dont thint they trade their 1st this year for Grubauer at all
Gustavsson shouldn't stop them from looking for more immediate solutions in goal. He's still at least 3-4 seasons away from being an NHL starter, and should spend at least 1-2 years in the AHL.

Durden Tyler

Dec 19, 2017
Agree that ottawa could be looking at a tender this year or next, but not a the cost of a 1st rounder

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
St. Louis offering up #29 (Winnipeg). Would alternatively accept one of their prospects (namely Kyrou).
Possibly the Islanders at 11/12, although that's pretty borderline. Islanders could also offer a protected 2019 pick.
Possibility of Detroit offering #30/31 (Vegas) if they don't intend to be patient with their rebuild.
Buffalo could offer #32.

Ideally, I'd press both the Islanders and Philadelphia for their first round picks, with St. Louis/Detroit/Buffalo as fallbacks. I have no issue with trading in-division. I'm not going to hurt my teams' performance in 77 games per year to boost it in the 5 games per year I play that division opponent.
Andy Strickland on Sirius/XM Hockey radio this AM indicated that the Blues see Ville Husso as their future net minder and expect him to join the Blues next season, he was the goalie pick for the AHL all rookie team this season. Doubts Hutton will be back and the Jake Allen question still remains. Don't see the Blues as a good partner for Grubauer, however Burakovsky might be a different story. BMAC has a history with Armstrong, so Bura for the Blues '18 2nd and Sanford?

Detroit and Buffalo seem the better choices as Detroit owns LV's first round pick which will be either 30 or 31 and Buffalo's second will be the 32nd.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Andy Strickland on Sirius/XM Hockey radio this AM indicated that the Blues see Ville Husso as their future net minder and expect him to join the Blues next season, he was the goalie pick for the AHL all rookie team this season. Doubts Hutton will be back and the Jake Allen question still remains. Don't see the Blues as a good partner for Grubauer, however Burakovsky might be a different story. BMAC has a history with Armstrong, so Bura for the Blues '18 2nd and Sanford?
As you say, I don't see the Blues as seriously/aggressively pursuing Grubauer. Certianly not for Jordan Kyrou (lol).

Plan A for the Blues is probably to try to re-sign Hutton to a fair deal. But if Hutts gets more from another team (Detroit?) then I think plan B is probably to sign a veteran backup to a cheap contract (ex. Chad Johnson) and have an open competition for the backup spot in camp between the veteran and Husso.

As far as Burakovsky, I'd imagine the Blues would have some interest, but it's hard to say how much. The fact that Bura is a LHS is not ideal, can he play RW as well? If he can play RW he would be more appealing, but it would still depend on how the organization views guys like Sanford, Foley, Stevens, Fabbri, etc. It would also depend on who they plan on moving this offseason, particularly Berglund and Sobotka.

I would not be interested in Burakovsky at the price of the Blue's 2018 2nd + Sanford. There will likely still be very good players on the board in the mid second round of this draft, and it's likely Winnipeg's 1st will be traded for top 6 help. FWIW management seemed very high on Sanford before his shoulder injury last season.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
As long as its not a first, sure. Hart will be the Flyers goalie sometime next year
No chance. Hextall is patient to a fault with prospects and the kid is only 20 years old. It's going to take some time and they need someone to bridge the gap and then play with him when he makes it to the NHL. By someone I mean a guy who isn't garbage like Elliott, or injured more than he's healthy like Neuvirth.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

Detroit and Buffalo seem the better choices as Detroit owns LV's first round pick which will be either 30 or 31 and Buffalo's second will be the 32nd.
I'd still rather hold out for a pick much higher than the 30-32 range. Trading within the division isn't a real concern. You don't take a lesser asset (thus hurting your match-up against 29 teams) to hurt only 1 opponent.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Carter Hart will be ready for the Flyers in 2 years, so why would you waist picks to get Grubauer. Hextall will be patient, live with the growing pains with Neuvirth, Elliot and Mrazek(I think only 2 of the 3 will still be around next season). The Flyers are changing, as they are holding on to their high picks and re-building for the near future. The win now Flyers are a thing of the past.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Carter Hart will be ready for the Flyers in 2 years, so why would you waist picks to get Grubauer. Hextall will be patient, live with the growing pains with Neuvirth, Elliot and Mrazek(I think only 2 of the 3 will still be around next season). The Flyers are changing, as they are holding on to their high picks and re-building for the near future. The win now Flyers are a thing of the past.
Can't see and way Mrazek is back. Hextall is not going to waste another pick to re-sign him.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Hextall wont sign him just because he isnt worth the additional pick. My guess is we try to move Neuvirth for someone who is a little more stable, likely to a contender who doesnt need to use Neuvirth that much (La - Quick, Tampa Vasi, etc.). Neuvirth seems to play really well when hes healthy, the problem is he just cant handle too many games. Put him somewhere where that isnt an issue, and hes likely ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad