Flyers All-Time Team

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
And let's not forget Robbie Moore, who, in 1978-79 went 3-0 with two shutouts...and then never played in the NHL again except for one game four years later (a loss) with the Washington Capitals and then vanished forever.

On another note, I think it would be fun to compile an all-time Flyers team based on every player who was a member of the organIzation but taking their peaks years as qualifiers, even if those years were not in the O&B. Coffey, Hawerchuk, Sittler...Kurri?

season-player-robbie-moore-of-the-philadelphia-flyers-and-player-picture-id53130368

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Gagne Clarke Leach
Barber Lindros Voracek
LeClair MacLeish Recchi
Propp Giroux Kerr

Howe Timonen
Pronger Desjardins
Coburn Jim Watson

Parent
Lindbergh
Mason

Coach: Fred Shero
GM: Keith Allen

Tried to stick to the positions guys played, thus MacLeish and Giroux are at center. Don't really like including Pronger because he didn't have that much of a career as a Flyer but the Flyers history with defensemen is pretty thin so he's in. Hopefully 2 or 3 of the names on my list of D will be replaced by some of the current prospects/young guys. Hextall had one really good year as a rookie but otherwise was more fun to watch than really good. Mason is a better goalie. I thought Lindbergh was going to be better than Parent, sadly we didn't get the chance to find out.

Last edited:

SportsPhan8

Nov 24, 2013
New Jersey
Trying to get some discussion going besides the Schenn contract. With that being said, who would you have on the Flyers All-Time Team? I'm sure this thread has been done before but they are always fun, so why not give it another go?

Only stipulation is minimum of 100 games played for the organization and wasn't past their prime during their only stint with the team (so guys like Darryl Sittler and Paul Coffey should be left off). Players also have to be slotted into a position they have actually played during their career as a Flyer.

Here's my all time Bullies squad

Line 1: Reggie Leach - Bobby Clarke - Bill Barber
Line 2: John LeClair - Eric Lindros - Mark Recchi
Line 3: Rick MacLeish - Rod Brind'Amour - Tim Kerr
Line 4: Brian Propp - Dave Poulin - Claude Giroux

Just Missed the Cut: Simon Gagne, Peter Forsberg, Rick Tocchet

Defense 1: Mark Howe - Eric Desjardins
Defense 2: Kimmo Timonen - Jimmy Watson
Defense 3: Chris Pronger - Brad McCrimmon

Just Missed the Cut: Tom Bladon, Behn Wilson, Joe Watson

Goalie 1: Bernie Parent
Goalie 2: Ron Hextall
Goalie 3: Pelle Lindbergh

Coach: Fred Shero
Assistant Coach 1: Mike Keenan
Assistant Coach 2: Pat Quinn

This is literally the best team, I agree with everyone on your list, except I'd probably switch Pronger with Joe Watson, since Pronger wasn't here all that long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad