Confirmed with Link: Flyers Acquiring Massimo Rizzo Anyway - "I Hear He's a Real Crumb Bum." , plus ‘25 5th for David Kase

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Just closing off the trade. The league didn't allow it, so they just worked around it. 5th is for taking on the extra cap penalty I guess.

Either way, solid prospect in Rizzo.

Reactions: Math the wild rose

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
"We don't need to be celebrating or fawning over Briere or the FO for this, but man you guys are exhausting haha"

Exhausting? Exhausting is trying to dig a hole in Florida where the "soil" is wet sand, acting like it is concrete with 100 degree/90% humidity weather. HF fans......ahhhhh.... warm summer breeze with bright bulbous clouds hovering over a meadow full of fresh smelling clover.......

Do you want me to beat up the "soil"

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Me: How did this Rizzo trade thread get to 4 pages?

poop-smile.gif

Also Me: Oh.

Whoever gets to add "David Kase in 2023 will be traded for more than Kevin Hayes!" to their prognostication bingo card might be the winner.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Just closing off the trade. The league didn't allow it, so they just worked around it. 5th is for taking on the extra cap penalty I guess.

Either way, solid prospect in Rizzo.
Yep. Waddell made an agreement and stuck with it, 5th rd pick is compensation for Flyers eating more money and saving him $700K in cap room.
Both sides are happy, no bad feelings.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Do you want me to beat up the "soil"

Sure why not as long as you bring your backhoe, jackhammer, and some Katyusha rockets from 1942-45; that might do it.........

Unless you are Wotan, Thor, Hercules, and Atlas combined, it would be a real test of your ability to beat up some "soil".

Of course, the pay would be a "little less" than NHL minimum wage for a season, 'cause that is how long it will take you beat it up.....and how little money I have........

Bring Captain Dave's chickens and maybe they can peck their way through.......the HOA would have multiple heart attacks

JoJo can supervise, while I watch the mayhem.

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Kase famously was famously one of eight forwards used before NAK in the 19-20 season by genius GM, Chuck Fletcher. After that season, their NHL careers were more or less over.

Andreoff - 15 NHL games since
Bunnaman - 33 NHL games since
Kase - 1 NHL game since
Morin - 20 NHL games since (retired)
Rubtsov - 0 NHL games since
Stewart - 0 NHL games since (retired)
Twarynski - 7 NHL games since
Vorobyev - 0 NHL games since
no wonder i dont remember his name AT ALL.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I wonder if Carolina got a call from the league before this was approved, to explain why this wasn't an end around? "We wanted to move Rizzo for internal reasons, and think Kase could be an asset." The room then busts out in laughter after the phone is hung up.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I just shit two big pieces of dark brown and one blocked on the way of any of you that have an opinion on Morin.
screenie inB4 Banhammered

Kase, another prospect the flyers "ruined".

Some will still complain about a free 5th round pick and a prospect (probably a long shot).
your the first petson to mention it..

so ur the genesis or ur own hottake....

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I wonder if Carolina got a call from the league before this was approved, to explain why this wasn't an end around? "We wanted to move Rizzo for internal reasons, and think Kase could be an asset." The room then busts out in laughter after the phone is hung up.
That guy had the gall to show up at the development camp after him getting traded for TDA was already out. Skating there in Carolina rink on his own dime, picking pucks from actual Canes prospects' stick. 5th is a cheap price to show that such bullbrown won't do.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
After paying out of pocket to get to Carolina development camp I thought it was kinda rude to have him not attend so I'm glad he got to go.
We have squat for centers so let's hope he signs an elc and suits up for the phantoms even if that's all he ever plays for

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This kid seems similar to Desnoyers, mediocre size and physical skill, but intangibles that are off the wall - I won't be surprised if both have long careers as bottom six forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad