Confirmed with Link: Flyers acquire Ryan Ellis from Nashville for Phil Myers and Nolan Patrick

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
This has to be the best trade they could’ve made, right? Like I’m surprised sort of, but I don’t see any negatives and am very chill. Keep 13. Keep Frost. Prioritize Sanheim over Myers, who I like but Ellis is simply far better. Patrick, regrettable potentially but not essential. Gives them another protection spot for JVR, hopefully.

A healthy Ellis is an excellent fit, even with Provorov. He’s never shown especially well on the PP though, so I don’t know if that affects anything here. Well, on PP2 obviously. The only downside is Ellis is a smol boi, and he will be ground to dust in the playoffs.

sauce88

Jul 6, 2011
I like this move. Now get Sanheim a competent partner and they can roll two top pairs.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I wonder if its strange I will miss Myers more than Patrick.

No cause of his, but those health issues and in turn really not showing a whole lot was such a disappointment for a 2nd overall pick.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well done Fletcher. For once I say that unsarcastically.

I don't like giving up on Patrick and I fear we could end up regretting that, but I like the idea of selling high on Myers because I'm not all that impressed by him and this was a trade that I would've expected us to give up much more to get done.

It scratches their top pair RD itch, we didn't end up with Jones or Savard or anyone crappy, and we keep Sanheim/Frost/13 and all other high value assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad