Post-Game Talk: Flyers 3 at Coyotes 4 (OT) | Oct. 15, 2016 | Regular Season Game 2

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
MacDonald over Provorov in OT and no Konecny is such chicken**** coaching.

Hakstol is a good coach but needs to grow a pair.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Jake was braindead a couple times there.

Would rather have seen 11 and 9 in OT

Mason...could drive a truck through on goal #4. Neuvirth please

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Mase def wasn't his best , scoring 3 on a back to back has to be enough. If Neuvy beats the Hawks he may play the next 3 for sure.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Oh well. Giroux was gassed. Voracek made a really dumb play after several brilliant ones to turn it over. Got the point in a nice comeback.
When Brayden comes back the fwds will be better. We're also down what should be the first pair on D: MDZ and Gudas, so there's room for optimism.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The last time I yelled so loud I scared the dogs over a ref was the Pronger goalie interference against Calgary in OT that wasn't called until he realized it was a goal. That was absolutely horrendous.

But yes, the personnel decisions were....off. Still don't understand PEB's usage either.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Hakstol is beginning to be infuriating with his player selection.....provorov tonigjt was an absolute stalwart and you play streit and amac over him? Unbelievable. Last year it was the HAK line now hes not playing konecny in OT who is currently your leading point getter and would shine in a 3on3 .Absolute idiocy....

I like the system hes installing, but the player selection sucks

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
MacDonald over Provorov in OT and no Konecny is such chicken**** coaching.

Hakstol is a good coach but needs to grow a pair.

Play to not lose 101 (even if you're actually making it more likely to lose not playing your best and most talented players).

I think Konecny missed 2 shifts with under 3 min left to put in Weise/Read. Too risky putting the player most likely to win you the game out there I guess.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Good effort tonight though, not great luck with a bunch of things ie ridiculous Reffing and Mike Smith pulling the puck out of the net

That said, they made a couple real bad mistakes that shouldn't happen

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Survive 1 more game and we get Schenner back and the forward crew can back to normal.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah im as big a defender of Mason as anyone but outside the first 5 minutes he sucked.

2nd goal was poor rebound control on wrap around

3rd goal was way too deep in net on breakaway. Didnt time the play well at all.

4th goal he flops over in a Tom Barrasso two pad stack like its 1993 and lets a weak shot get under him. He overplayed the hell out of it.

All that said, it was only his 1st start of the season and a weird game overall so no big deal.

Giroux made some unreal plays in OT. His hands were slick tonight. A bit too passive when it came time to shoot though but thats been his entire career.

3 out of 4 points in back to back west coast road trip is a very good start.

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
Every ounce of self restraint to not throw my iPad through a wall there. Those single points are really nice in March when we are battling for a wildcard spot.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
The good news is, you can sense that the current team is a good notch above what they had last year, it will even be stronger when schenn, gudas and MDZ return.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Definitely should be Neuvirth in goal against Chicago. He earned it.

Hapiii

Jun 30, 2013
My god reading the Flyers facebook page after the loss is always great :laugh:

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I choose to take the long view.

We should have won, got dicked by the refs but got a point on the road. It didn't surprise me not to see the rookies in OT, it's game 2 and I figure most coaches aren't at that level of trust yet. I also refuse to believe that Mason won't pick it up from here.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Something needs to be said about the non call on Hanzal. He literally ripped it out of his hands and threw it. Only to have a Flyers delayed penalty 5 seconds later.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Yeah im as big a defender of Mason as anyone but outside the first 5 minutes he sucked.

2nd goal was poor rebound control on wrap around

3rd goal was way too deep in net on breakaway. Didnt time the play well at all.

4th goal he flops over in a Tom Barrasso two pad stack like its 1993 and lets a weak shot get under him. He overplayed the hell out of it.

All that said, it was only his 1st start of the season and a weird game overall so no big deal.

Giroux made some unreal plays in OT. His hands were slick tonight. A bit too passive when it came time to shoot though but thats been his entire career.

3 out of 4 points in back to back west coast road trip is a very good start.

Which is odd for a guy with such a nice wrist shot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad