Value of: Flyers 1sts: 14th + 19th

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Out of curiosity... if the Flyers packaged both of their 1st round picks (14 and 19), how high can they move up in the draft? Statistically, the value of both picks is equivalent to 5th overall, but obviously the Flyers would have to take a loss to entice someone to trade down.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I'd give up 11.

I'm sure someone will beat that but I'll start the bidding there.

My guess is Islanders would have to add at least 41st to that.

All that being said I would trade 11 for 14 and 50(if Flyers specifically target a player) under the assumption none of the top defensemen are left on the board(I trade down if Ty Smith still is left)

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
would the 7th overall interest you :) ...............

I know some on the Canucks forums have suggested such a trade. 2 for 1. Maybe toss in a B grade D prospect and we can work out a deal.

............. What do you guys think of this offer?

PHI
VAN's 7th Overall (2018 1st Round Pick)
B Grade Roster Forward

VAN
STL's 14th Overall (2018 1st Round Pick)
PHI's 19th Overall (2018 1st Round Pick)
B Grade D Prospect

^^

Vancouver has a plethora of forwards on the cusp of making the team. Including RFA's such as Markus Granlund and Sven Baertschi. We also have guys like Brendan Gaunce, Nic Dowd, and other depth players. (Sven would probably require a higher quality D prospect)

Last edited:
Reactions: zcaptain

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
I'd give up 11.

I'm sure someone will beat that but I'll start the bidding there.
I'd do the 7th if we got a D prospect back with it. Wouldn't need to be anyone amazing just someone with potential. Vancouver needs D prospects badly.

I'd say anywhere between 8th OA to 10th OA.
Would you as a Canucks fan trade the 7th for the 2 picks and a good D prospect A Sanhiem or something?

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Would you as a Canucks fan trade the 7th for the 2 picks and a good D prospect A Sanhiem or something?

Tough question, to be honest. Canucks are favoring Boqvist and Bouchard, and they would go at great lengths to acquire one of them. The draft dip down after 8th or 9th OA, so I don't know what to say. Personally, I wouldn't do it.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
I'd do the 7th if we got a D prospect back with it. Wouldn't need to be anyone amazing just someone with potential. Vancouver needs D prospects badly.

Sanheim is by no means a B prospect. I'd be shocked if Philly would tack him onto 2 1sts to move up 7 spots.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
would the 7th overall interest you :)

I know some on the Canucks forums have suggested such a trade. 2 for 1. Maybe toss in a B grade D prospect and we can work out a deal.
I personally think Flyers should be targeting Tkachuk or Wahlstrom, so 7th overall might be a good fit (assuming one of them is on the board). Don't know how other fans feel.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

You do realize that with the 7th pick all the best guys on the board will be defense. You probably will have your choice of any 2(maybe 3) of Bouchard, Boqvist, Hughes and Dobson

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Tough question, to be honest. Canucks are favoring Boqvist and Bouchard, and they would go at great lengths to acquire one of them. The draft dip down after 8th or 9th OA, so I don't know what to say. Personally, I wouldn't do it.
Fair. Yeah, I am undecided but the idea of acquiring two firsts does sound appealing. I would love to do it if Jim still felt we could acquire a promising young defender. If it were the 11th and 19th it would be easier to make that call probably because at least a Ty Smith would likely be there.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
I personally think Flyers should be targeting Tkachuk or Wahlstrom, so 7th overall might be a good fit (assuming one of them is on the board). Don't know how other fans feel.
Are you a Flyers fan yourself? Would you be open to packaging in a young D prospect to make it more enticing? Like a Sanheim or Myers?

If you are a flyers fan that is. :) Curious the thought from a Philly fan.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia

We likely wouldn't offer Sanheim for the 7th straight up, let alone adding 14 + 19.

Zero interest in adding Myers to 14 + 19 for 7 either.

- Flyers fan

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
We likely wouldn't offer Sanheim for the 7th straight up, let alone adding 14 + 19.

Zero interest in adding Myers to 14 + 19 for 7 either.

- Flyers fan

Sanheim + 14 for 7 and 37

In a second Trade with the Islanders

12 for 19 + 37

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
That’s a lot to give up to move 7 spots. Depending on how things fall there may be a guy there the flyers like making it more of a pending trade than something that gets completed tomorrow. With the flyers draft record I’d rather keep both picks and see what happens or trade a second with one of the picks to move up a bit. A first rounder is worth a lot these days so I’m not sure a 14 and 19 would equal just a 7, but I could be off Appleyard has useful trends for evaluating this.

Reactions: Steven Rush

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If Hughes is gone before the 8th, I'd be okay with trading that pick and a lower pick (maybe 2019 2nd) for the Flyers two 1sts.

Reactions: Steven Rush

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Are you a Flyers fan yourself? Would you be open to packaging in a young D prospect to make it more enticing? Like a Sanheim or Myers?

Sanheim + 14 for 7 and 37

In a second Trade with the Islanders

12 for 19 + 37
Clearly, my valuation of Sanheim is way off. So I apologize if I offended anyone with that offer lol. You guys would know your prospects far better then I would. Would a small add like a 3rd round pick to be high of an asking price? And second question. Would you guys be interested in a stabilizing shutdown shot suppressing D man? There has been a lot of talk of keeping Chris Tanev to partner with our young fin Olli Juolevi. But the more and more we look at our team and his situation it looks more and more likely he may be dealt. Would you guys be interested in a guy like Chris Tanev for one of those picks if we didn't end up doing the combo for the 7th?

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
You would know best. :) I'll take your word for it. Would you guys add a 3rd to seal the deal?
Using historical precedent, I highly doubt the Flyers would be trading more than 14th and 19th for 7th. Value-wise, a trade would make sense if the best players available at #7 are ranked 4th or 5th by the Flyers and 6th or 7th by the Canucks.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
That’s a lot to give up to move 7 spots. Depending on how things fall there may be a guy there the flyers like making it more of a pending trade than something that gets completed tomorrow. With the flyers draft record I’d rather keep both picks and see what happens or trade a second with one of the picks to move up a bit. A first rounder is worth a lot these days so I’m not sure a 14 and 19 would equal just a 7, but I could be off Appleyard has useful trends for evaluating this.
That might be a good option for you too. Chiapet from Edmonton said he might be willing to move his pick.

Perhaps a trade down for him makes sense. He likely wants a roster player tho.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Using historical precedent, I highly doubt the Flyers would be trading more than 14th and 19th for 7th. Value-wise, a trade would make sense if the best players available at #7 are ranked 4th or 5th by the Flyers and 6th or 7th by the Canucks.
Yeah. It really depends, doesn't it? What did you guys give STL for that pick in the first place?

ahh i looked it up. Schenn. roger.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018

Philly will not trade any young defenders until we know exactly what we have in each and until our backend is fixed. Safe to assume Ghost,Provorov, Myers, Sanheim, Morin etc are off limits. Rather keep 14 and 19 and add 2 more prospects to the pool anyway.

Reactions: Tripod

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Philly cant trade a young d until they solidify their own back end, unfortunately.

We don't have expendable assets to spare, .....and 14th and 19th alone likely don't get us in the range wed want. Flyers should take bpa at 14, and best opposite available at 19. So if 14 is a forward, 19 a defenseman or vice versa.

Reactions: Tripod and pmwlker

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Philly cant trade a young d until they solidify their own back end, unfortunately.

We don't have expendable assets to spare, .....and 14th and 19th alone likely don't get us in the range wed want. Flyers should take bpa at 14, and best opposite available at 19. So if 14 is a forward, 19 a defenseman or vice versa.

Completely agree. Something like Farabee and Samuelsson would suit me

Reactions: Starat327

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad