3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I don't remember ever seeing a guy tripped up on a breakaway, getting up and scoring.
Yeah, don't remember that either, but surely it's happened. What has NEVER happened is the "no big deal" face that my man KAM put on, right after. Effin hilarious!

Reactions: ohbaby

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Are you seriously saying that Kakko and Chytil have not done enough to earn more ice time over Kreider, Trocheck, Vesey, Goodrow etc?

Wow. Just wow.
Kreider - absolutely not.
Trocheck- absolutely not.

Kakko and Chytil are getting more ice time than Vesey, even though Vesey has been more impactful than Kakko since he's moved up the lineup.
At least you didn't bring up Laf.

Goodrow plays in more situations so he gets more minutes.

If Chytil can stay healthy he'll be stapled to the top 6.

If Kakko can score the way the rest of his game has improved, he'll be stapled to the top 6.

I like all 3 kids going forward, but if you think they have been doing enough to push those ahead of them out of the way, that's the wow.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I've been saying this for over a year, team is in denial if they think they can win a cup without the kids contributing as finished or near finished products. It should be a priority to make that happen sooner than later. You can win and develop at the same time, its not either or, especially with Shesty, Fox, Panarin, Zibanejad, Kreider and Trochek in the lineup as well, they have a ton of insulation to help these kids move forward.
Seriously correct. I just don't see HOW (especially now, that they have the good mojo going) they won't win with finally "handing them" some serious responsibility.
They NEED these heavy duty experiences so they can advance their muscle memory. Where it becomes instinctual . IMHO

Reactions: TopShelfSnipes

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Because there's 6 defenseman and 12 forwards. You can't bench half your defense corp in a game... they're forced to play.

A forward can be buried behind 9 other forwards without it really effecting the game that much.
Fox and Miller get major minutes because they are the best defensemen.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Fox and Miller get major minutes because they are the best defensemen.
The Rangers never had an issue developing defensemen. We can give them credit for that. That's not the issue. And that's not why they haven't won a Cup in nearly 30 years and only once since expansion. They refuse to develop forwards. Refuse.

Reactions: TopShelfSnipes

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I want this team to win a SC. Being happy about a win with shitty ass performance leads to the f***ing mediocrity, that has plagued this franchise for over 80 years.

But sure, let's just be happy about the points and maybe Drury can waste some more assets into trade line rentals, that will all go to vain.
The coaches play the players who earn their trust. They don't put players higher in the lineup to please some fans.

Last season they made it to the final 4 and still some of you bitched and moaned. If you believe coaches should put players on the top line because of where they're drafted you probably think Lias Anderson should still be here and on the power play.

Usually, high draft picks go to the bottom 5 teams in the league so they get thrust to the top of the lineup. The Rangers were already a decent team when they got their picks, so it's taking longer. They have to force their way up the lineup. Chytil is finally doing it. Kakko is playing well, but not scoring.

If any of them were Hughes, they'd be in the same position as Hughes is in NJ. So far, that's not even close to reality.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The Rangers never had an issue developing defensemen. We can give them credit for that. That's not the issue. And that's not why they haven't won a Cup in nearly 30 years and only once since expansion. They refuse to develop forwards. Refuse.
I think it's comical that you believe a coaching staff knows how to develop defensemen, but not forwards.

You're overlooking the obvious. Miller improved quickly. The forwards haven't done that.

Never mind that the norm is for forwards to develop faster than defensemen.

Everyone develops at their own pace, although some never develop. Lots of 1st rounders never even make it at all.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Are you seriously saying that Kakko and Chytil have not done enough to earn more ice time over Kreider, Trocheck, Vesey, Goodrow etc?

Wow. Just wow.
Is this what’s been happening all season at even strength? Kids have been getting their fare share of ES and in this particular game EVERYONE throughout the lineup looked good. Strong effort game most of 60 minutes and you chose to concentrate on this after last night’s win extending the streak in a trap game against determined opponent?

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Konecny with 26 + minutes.....Braun with 4 minutes . Konecny is a good hockey player .

Braun likely be available much cheaper as a pick up this year . Save a 7th for him.

Last edited:

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I think it's comical that you believe a coaching staff knows how to develop defensemen, but not forwards.

You're overlooking the obvious. Miller improved quickly. The forwards haven't done that.

Everyone develops at their own pace, although some never develop. Lots of 1st rounders never even make it at all.
Giving defensemen the time and opportunities needed contrast to the forwards getting buried and benched. There's a HUGE difference in the way this team has handled both.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Very well said. Especially the last line. You are 100% correct.

Reactions: leetch99

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Surprised at how many still kids Tony Ds butt. I’m sure most of those booing don’t follow Tony’s personal history and didn’t know about his grandma. They were booing that shitty defenseman.

Reactions: FUZfan

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Giving defensemen the time and opportunities needed contrast to the forwards getting buried and benched. There's a HUGE difference in the way this team has handled both.
Kakko and Laf are 3rd/4th and Chytil is 9th for 5v5 ice time this year and that’s with Chytil playing 7 less games due to injury.

But sure complain in a 6-3 win where they all played more 5v5 than CK, that they weren’t top 6 in minutes.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
I only pop in here and there. What happened to BloodyNine? Too much winning last couple of weeks?

• Wow
Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad