News Article: Fluto: Good week puts Bruins back in control

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
3 games this week, home with Florida, at Detroit and final home game Saturday vs Toronto. If things go well they could have their ticket punched before the final 3 games on the road.

The final game at Tampa however could decide who we play assuming we advance.

Tampa would much prefer to play Montreal than Boston and the Bruins want just the opposite. Of course the Bruins do have a chance to catch Detroit and play the team that finishes second in the Atlantic.

I sense Ottawa is done and the only remaining threat is the Panthers and a regulation win by the Bruins tomorrow would be a near fatal blow to Florida. However a regulation win by Florida tomorrow would be a disaster for Boston.

Good week puts Bruins back in control

The Bruins were concluding a hard week. They had two tough but necessary practices on Tuesday and Wednesday. They played the Ducks and Rangers, who were the top teams in their respective conferences at the time. By Sunday, the Bruin’s third game in four days, the wear of the week had taken its toll.

“When you play top teams in the league like Anaheim and the New York Rangers, we had to play big,” said coach Claude Julien. “You could feel it a little bit. Shifts were short. I had to use my whole bench. At the end of the day, it’s about finding ways to win. It’s about results right now.”

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
3 games this week, home with Florida, at Detroit and final home game Saturday vs Toronto. If things go well they could have their ticket punched before the final 3 games on the road.

The final game at Tampa however could decide who we play assuming we advance.

Tampa would much prefer to play Montreal than Boston and the Bruins want just the opposite. Of course the Bruins do have a chance to catch Detroit and play the team that finishes second in the Atlantic.

I sense Ottawa is done and the only remaining threat is the Panthers and a regulation win by the Bruins tomorrow would be a near fatal blow to Florida. However a regulation win by Florida tomorrow would be a disaster for Boston.

Good week puts Bruins back in control

Wait, why do you assume Ottawa is done? They have a game in hand and are only 3 points out? That team is scrappy.

bruin blades*

I think the lost weekend just deflated their tires.

I wish that was the case but I expect Ottawa to make a strong push the bruins have basically a 1 pt lead over ott because of that game in hand..bs gotta be careful and keep winning.... ott det tom if bs win and sens win bs would close to 1 behind det but I rather det wins to allow us more breathing room w Ottawa florida could be done if we beat them tom it would be basically 7 pt lead over them (we own tie breaker) with 5 left

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad