The Athletic - Boston FLUTO: Already battered, Bruins ponder life without their most important player

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Not saying this is the answer, more asking but did I not read that Heinen played a bit of C in College? I read here Cave and Frederic are injured so likely no call up but would this be an option if my memory is correct and he slid into the C role at times?
Ryan Donato also played center more recently. His final year at Harvard and in the Olympics.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Ryan Donato also played center more recently. His final year at Harvard and in the Olympics.

Oh yeah, thx, I know he is putting up pts in the AHL but has his game improved in the areas in which it`s absolutely vital needed to play C?

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Yep, what was equally disgraceful here was the pages on pages of posts from fans who, in the year following his return from the Jones hit, so many wrote him off, wanting to move him, damaged goods etc.....

It wasn't unreasonable to assume he would not be the same player on his return. Honestly I thought it was a miracle he was even able to play again, never mind be able to witness the kind of player he became.

Reactions: Fenway

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It wasn't unreasonable to assume he would not be the same player on his return. Honestly I thought it was a miracle he was even able to play again, never mind be able to witness the kind of player he became.
definitely couldn`t have imagined what he became after that but was shocked how quickly so many were willing to exclaim he was done so soon afterwards. His game wasn`t great but but he just came off a horrendous brain injury.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
This is a tough loss for the Bruins. Lack of scoring was already damning and now, our best center is gone. Bruins will try to survive and the key word here is survive. If they can maintain a .500 win percentage that will be quite good.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad