Boxing: Floyd Mayweather is going to fight Logan Paul on February 20th. (update: postponed)

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
This is silliness, obviously I'll still watch because its Floyd but what is the point of this, if Floyd's main goal is to fight inexperienced boxers (don't really think of Paul as a boxer even) I'd rather he fight a guy like McGregor or another MMA guy.

I would however like to see the other brother Jake fight Evander Kane, that would be interesting.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This is silliness, obviously I'll still watch because its Floyd but what is the point of this, if Floyd's main goal is to fight inexperienced boxers (don't really think of Paul as a boxer even) I'd rather he fight a guy like McGregor or another MMA guy.

I would however like to see the other brother Jake fight Evander Kane, that would be interesting.

Floyd's goal isn't to fight inexperienced boxers. His goal is to make as much money with as little work as possible.

If he was gonna fight McGregor again he'd actually have to like, train and shit. For this fight he basically just has to show up.

Reactions: EXTRAS
Sep 19, 2008
Floyd literally beat a man much taller than him in a No Rules match at Wrestlemania.

Would favor him strongly. I know the Paul brothers have been working out heavily but they don't stand a chance.

Reactions: dahrougem2

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I honestly don't get this. How much money is Floyd actually going to make off of this?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I honestly don't get this. How much money is Floyd actually going to make off of this?

A lot. He made $9M off that fight when he knocked out that kickboxer a couple years ago in an exhibition. So I'm thinking at least something close to that.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
A lot. He made $9M off that fight when he knocked out that kickboxer a couple years ago in an exhibition. So I'm thinking at least something close to that.
That's not really a lot to a guy like Floyd though. Especially considering he's the one with everything to lose

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
That's not really a lot to a guy like Floyd though. Especially considering he's the one with everything to lose

~10M ain’t chump change. That’s like 4-5% of his net worth per Forbes.

As for the everything to lose, I’m not sure you grasp just how infinitesimally small the possibility of him not winning is.

It’s an easy 10M for him

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Methinks Floyd just likes beating people up. Money is just a bonus.
Floyd doesn't beat anyone up, though.

Phenomenal defensive boxer, one of the greatest to ever do it.

Beating people up, though, isn't what he aims for. Not since the earliest days of his boxing career.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
~10M ain’t chump change. That’s like 4-5% of his net worth per Forbes.

As for the everything to lose, I’m not sure you grasp just how infinitesimally small the possibility of him not winning is.

It’s an easy 10M for him
It's chump change when you factor in the guy made a reported $300M from the McGregor fight.

How much money is enough money for a guy like Floyd? Or even anyone? I know once you have some, you always want more but when is he content?

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Floyd doesn't beat anyone up, though.

Phenomenal defensive boxer, one of the greatest to ever do it.

Beating people up, though, isn't what he aims for. Not since the earliest days of his boxing career.
He will get a chance to beat Logan Paul up, if he wants to.

The one thing I have noticed about both Paul brothers is that they throw these big overhand shots that leave them completely off-balance. I have seen them almost fall down on the follow-through of the punch.

And not only are they off-balance when they throw these overhead punches, but they also leave their heads wide open to absorb a heavy uppercut.

If Floyd can slip-and-move on one of these wild overhead punches and get Logan to miss, then he is going to have a huge opening to knock Logan senseless.

HurricaneFanatic

Jan 16, 2020
Floyd Mayweather. Made a career out of dodging top guys until they were way past their prime and/or taking on underdogs. Great fighter, but this best ever stuff? No.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
This fight has now been postponed. Pretty disappointing, as I wanted to see Logan Paul get lit up.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
His brother Just got punched in the face by Mayweather

What an absolute idiot he coulda killed himself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad