GDT: Flower declines ASG honor. Gallant replaced. Pacioretty named replacement

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
ASG is a relic of the past. I understand some people enjoy it but no one becomes a hockey fan through the all-star game.

Just pick 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th all-NHL teams at the end of the season, where you get an accurate picture.

Use the extra days to give players more rest throughout the year, and to go to the Olympics every four years.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
ASG is a relic of the past. I understand some people enjoy it but no one becomes a hockey fan through the all-star game.

Just pick 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th all-NHL teams at the end of the season, where you get an accurate picture.

Use the extra days to give players more rest throughout the year, and to go to the Olympics every four years.

Yes, fewer back to backs would be awesome, even if it only goes down a couple....

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Then he'd be suspended (by league) for either the game before ASG or after.

We could just start Subban for that game and be okay. Just gives Fleury a longer break so we can push him later when we really need him. He only played 46 games two years ago and looked sharp in the playoffs.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We could just start Subban for that game and be okay. Just gives Fleury a longer break so we can push him later when we really need him. He only played 46 games two years ago and looked sharp in the playoffs.

Fleury also plays better the more he plays, as long as it isn't overdone, so there's a balance.

He played 3 of the last twelve games or something last season, rest wasn't a problem.

I think if he plays 54 games we should be fine if it is well balanced throughout the season.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
And Gallant at the end makes it sound like he's declining too, which would be a first for a coach, right? :laugh:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
So Fleury is gonna take the one game off....I'm a little surprised he is declining.....

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I've never cared much for all-star games in any sport. Just don't interest me. But I'll watch the NHL one maybe, if I remember that it's on. :laugh:

Especially with Flower's dad having recently passed, maybe he'd like to spend some more time with family. Do not blame him one bit for passing on this game.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad