Proposal: Florida - Toronto blockbuster!

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
I’ve been thinking of a 3 way players trade between Winnipeg, Toronto and Florida lately. Barkov to Winnipeg, ekblad to Toronto, trouba and nylander or marner to Florida. Thoughts?

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I’ve been thinking of a 3 way players trade between Winnipeg, Toronto and Florida lately. Barkov to Winnipeg, ekblad to Toronto, trouba and nylander or marner to Florida. Thoughts?

Wouldn't trade Nylander for Ekblad, so no thank you from the Leafs perspective.

Also, no way Florida trades Barkov and Ekblad for Nylander and Trouba.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Laine to Florida. Nothing else. No thoughts needed, just do it.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Most i would do would be Marner...and Ekblad's concussion history makes me leery about even that.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Why not play Matthews & Barkov 20 mins each, and split the last 20 mins between the 3rd and 4th line.

Both players are big, young, defensively responsible centres that can go head to head against anyone in the league

Leafs have too much talent to be playing their bottom six only 10 minutes each per night. Would also allow for opposing coaches to match up very easily.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I`d imagine it would be:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner/Kapanen
Marleau-Barkov-Kapanen/marner
JvR-Bozak-Brown
Komarov-Moore-Leivo

Barkov plays PK and also PP would be lethal:

JvR/Marleau-Matthews-Barkov
Yandle-Rielly

Not to mention how good Barky is at shootouts...
I honestly think that top 9 looks worse.. rather have Nylander + Kadri as Kapp hasn't proven he is a top 6 player yet let alone a top liner. He has the potential for sure though.

Leafs have a ton of PK guys on forward so not sure if they would risk Barkov getyi g injuried from a shot block. Also Leafs generally play 4 forwards and a defender on the PP so Rielly and Yandle would need to be split up.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I would much rather have Trouba than Ekblad for Toronto.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
this might be one of the worst proposals I have ever seen. Panthers make two trades that provide zero improvement to the team. Barkov to Nylander is a massive downgrade and Ekblad to Trouba is almost as bad.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Barkov...not going anywhere.
Huberdeau...not going anywhere.
Trocheck...not going anywhere (bout 95% sure on that).
Ekblad...not going anywhere, for more reasons than his talent (contract, injury history).

Yandle...can someone take him?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Barkov...not going anywhere.
Huberdeau...not going anywhere.
Trocheck...not going anywhere (bout 95% sure on that).
Ekblad...not going anywhere, for more reasons than his talent (contract, injury history).

Yandle...can someone take him?

Man, he's been underwhelming eh?
He sucked for the Rangers, too but he was awesome in Arizona. Boedker and Hanzal were the same.
I have serious reservations on OEL for those exact reasons.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
He sucked for the Rangers, too but he was awesome in Arizona. Boedker and Hanzal were the same.

Good point on OEL.

Yandle goes up and down, but unfortunately he’s the most tenured guy on D. Doesn’t help things with him.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

A big issue is Floridas defense and how they have to use him.
They have too many guys playing on positions they shouldn't be, which creates a bad end result.

Reactions: Laus723

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
A big issue is Floridas defense and how they have to use him.
They have too many guys playing on positions they shouldn't be, which creates a bad end result.
Sounds like how the Leafs operate as well...

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

FLA would not do this as it makes them a worse team. Barkov is going nowhere

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad