Confirmed with Link: Florida signs Olsen, Wilson & Martindale

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
1-way for Olsen?

I would think so..

Harvey has to be the worst sport reporter...

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 5 Min.

panthers sign D Dylan Olsen C Ryan Martindale and F Garrett Wilson to 2 way one year deals #flapanthers

Cant even get one news and report it correctly..:shakehead

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
meh, he sucks at twitter, but as far as reporting, he's pretty decent. His articles are in depth and he gets scoops from time to time.

Yes I'm a big George Richards fan.

But for either of them i look at twitter as a bonus, not peer reviewed.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Harvey is good like Richards in terms of getting info.

Harvey is less believable though lol. Just because he messes up, not because he's full of ****.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
I believe Olsen's may be a two-way the first year and one-way the second, much like they did w/ Markstrom. Still waiting to get confirmation.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I believe Olsen's may be a two-way the first year and one-way the second, much like they did w/ Markstrom. Still waiting to get confirmation.

If true, nicely done by his agent, he'll definitely make the team this year and next year will probably be a lot tougher for him (considering the cap space Florida will have, they will likely sign another dman or 2), but he'll still get paid even if he's in the AHL.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Olsen should make the team as I'd think that there's two open spots for four guys who have chances (himself, Ekblad, Robak, and Petrovic). I think he has potential, but once Horachek broke apart his pairing with Gudbranson, he didn't produce and ended up being benched. As he's still young, I think two years is a good amount to see if he can make the jump and stay in the lineup for good.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Olsen should make the team as I'd think that there's two open spots for four guys who have chances (himself, Ekblad, Robak, and Petrovic). I think he has potential, but once Horachek broke apart his pairing with Gudbranson, he didn't produce and ended up being benched. As he's still young, I think two years is a good amount to see if he can make the jump and stay in the lineup for good.

His decline also coincided with that bruised bone he got. Still think he reminds me of Garrison's first season up. Though he has a really good sense of when to shoot, and good shot as well.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
His decline also coincided with that bruised bone he got. Still think he reminds me of Garrison's first season up. Though he has a really good sense of when to shoot, and good shot as well.

^ That.

Olsen has a lot more potential than his bio on hockey sites usually credits hm with (imho).

He's got the talent/skill/size to be a good to very good second pair, two-way guy.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
^ That.

Olsen has a lot more potential than his bio on hockey sites usually credits hm with (imho).

He's got the talent/skill/size to be a good to very good second pair, two-way guy.

disagree.

don't see Olsen amounting to much. aside from what has to be considered an aberration of a stretch last year where it seemed like everything he was shooting would find the net, he doesn't have much offensive ability to speak of.

he's a decent skater and has good size.... but not very physical, so the shut-down role doesn't seem likely either.

don't see him being more of a 6th/7th type tweener. decent depth, nothing more.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It's hard to say how he'll fare in the NHL.

This was his first year up in the NHL, and he had success early on, which tapered off after injury.
EDIT: Didn't realize he was up in the 11-12 season for the Hawks*
I say he can be a decent lower pairing guy, but we'll see.

He could fizzle out, or work hard in the offseason and surprise us, sort of like Garrison.

*Surprisingly optimistic with the Panthers and Heat this offseason.

Last edited:

CoolburnIsGone

Kinda confused why CapGeek has both the Wilson & Martindale contracts already listed (both got 715K/65K) but not the Olsen one. Wonder why that is?

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Kinda confused why CapGeek has both the Wilson & Martindale contracts already listed (both got 715K/65K) but not the Olsen one. Wonder why that is?

Capgeek won't list contracts until they get a confirmation on amount. Has the term/money of the Olsen deal been verified? (I've been out of the country, so forgive me if this is an obvious answer)

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Really think Olsen will do well if they play him w/ Guddy again. Never really got a fair shake towards the end of the season with the changes to the pairings.

Last edited:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Capgeek now has Olsen at 1-way 775k caphit, 700k for first year and 850k for second year.

Very reasonable for a guy like Olsen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad