GDT: Florida-Pittsburgh 30 Nov 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Tell me again how this team doesn't need goal scoring.

We need everything though. Goals, defense, goaltending.

There should be about 5 or 6 players that Tallon refuses to move. Get rid of everyone else.

We need help everywhere, but we need help on offense the most. Finding a competent goalie is relatively easy through free agency. Maybe not a top 10 goalie, but a decent one. I think if we add a true #1 to our blueline, everything else will fall into place on defense. We have a lot of good prospects coming up. Gudbranson will be at least a solid 2nd pairing guy for years. Olsen looks steady, he should be a reliable #4-6 guy. Campbell is a great offensive d-man, but can't be counted on to be the top horse. There's a few great D prospects in the draft this summer in the top 10.

We really need to focus all our money and resources this summer though on bringing in one of the top UFA forwards. It's absolutely essential. No team is more desperate for a gamebreaker.

Erick*

Yeah, I think we held onto him too long already. Probably get a grinder type player for him now.

-ghoste

Should've traded him when Campbell was carrying him a couple of years ago to all of those secondary assists he had. Kulikov used to get a bunch of secondary assists on the powerplay despite the fact that he's always been a liability on the powerplay. The guy is overrated.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
So I guess no one is seeing these games except us and some GM is going to pay up the nose for this Kulikov right now with a 20-30 goal scorer. That's nice.

He made a couple good games a few weeks ago, the problem now is that it more looks like he dont give a **** anymore and just wants away then he is a crap defender. So he still got some value for another player that in a similar situation.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
So I guess no one is seeing these games except us and some GM is going to pay up the nose for this Kulikov right now with a 20-30 goal scorer. That's nice.

So you're saying NO ONE would take a chance on him? With his age and potential? I refuse to believe that. BUt even if that's the case, like I told you in the other thread, I'd even take an AHL forward prospect for him or an underachieving NHL forward like Josh Bailey who was a recent scratch. We hold onto him and we're going to regret it.

Jeff Shafer

Established: 1987
PATHETIC - is the only way I can sum this team up. Until the team is completely torn apart from top to bottom I will not waste another 3 hrs of my life watching these guys attempt to give it their all. WHO is this management trying to fool? We don't have any goal scorers, a few young playmakers aren't going to do anything without some top end talent. we've got a bunch of 3rd line players. I can't be angry about the effort because it wasn't the lack of it. It's the lack of talent. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET RID OF KULIKOV. Or at least sit him for a few games.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
So you're saying NO ONE would take a chance on him? With his age and potential? I refuse to believe that. BUt even if that's the case, like I told you in the other thread, I'd even take an AHL forward prospect for him or an underachieving NHL forward like Josh Bailey who was a recent scratch. We hold onto him and we're going to regret it.

Trade Kulikov now and you'll likely get another Jimmy Hayes or Josh Bailey or whatever. Not much. You cant talk from both sides of your mouth and say he should be traded and he's no good but expect an awesome player back like everyone is stupid and doesn't see what you do. Trading Kulikov won't solve anything because his value is at a low point though he has nice tools. No one pays high for a player at a low point. If gm's saw a future Sergei Zubov here they would be blowing up Tallon's cell phone every day. Believe me. We need Dmen too especially with Kulikov's skills so we should try everything possible to turn him around rather than trading him at his low point and get another project 3rd line plumber with a new hole left by Kulikov's departure. We need a lot of players in all positions and trading our scrubs and slumping players won't get much back. You have to give something to get something. Want to turn this team around? Buy $$$ free agents and trade our better players for other teams better players who mesh better here. No more soft sissys on our wings would also help.

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Trade Kulikov now and you'll likely get another Jimmy Hayes or Josh Bailey or whatever. Not much. You cant talk from both sides of your mouth and say he should be traded and he's no good but expect an awesome player back like everyone is stupid and doesn't see what you do. Trading Kulikov won't solve anything because his value is at a low point though he has nice tools. No one pays high for a player at a low point. If gm's saw a future Sergei Zubov here they would be blowing up Tallon's cell phone every day. Believe me. We need Dmen too especially with Kulikov's skills so we should try everything possible to turn him around rather than trading him at his low point and get another project 3rd line plumber with a new hole left by Kulikov's departure. We need a lot of players in all positions and trading our scrubs and slumping players won't get much back. You have to give something to get something. Want to turn this team around? Buy $$$ free agents and trade our better players for other teams better players who mesh better here. No more soft sissys on our wings would also help.
:handclap: Well said sir

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Harvey Fialkov @hfialkov
Panthers coach Peter Horachek has seen enough of Kulikov and responded to my question on the side "at what point will you sit Kulikov" with

Harvey Fialkov @hfialkov
"Yeah, we're at that point,'' Horachek told me. #FlaPanthers

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Barkov is playing well. He's 6th in scoring for a just turned 19 year old. He's been making big plays and not getting assists, but he's been responsible for starting a lot of those plays. He's playing hard. He's a 19 year old rookie. He was never going to be PPG his first year or anything. He needs more experience, that's all. Huby on the other hand, deserves more criticism.

Actually, he just turned 18

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Harvey Fialkov @hfialkov
Panthers coach Peter Horachek has seen enough of Kulikov and responded to my question on the side "at what point will you sit Kulikov" with

Harvey Fialkov @hfialkov

With Fialkov reporting it's probably the exact opposite.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Harvey Fialkov @hfialkov

Harvey Fialkov @hfialkov

It would do him some great good. Watch a game or 2 in the press box. Kulikov is in a major mental downspin. Every mistake he makes is turning in to a penalty or directly to a goal like tonight. Seeing the game looks easier way up there and perhaps the different perspective will turn him around. I remember we did this to Ed Jovanovski with very simlar play many many years ago and he sat right next to Bill Torrey the whole time that game he was scratched and his game improved some and he turned it around later.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth and say he's a huge project and is garbage and then on the other hand say you think he'll turn it around here if we give him more time. See? I can play too. There's nothing wrong with saying I think he could develop better somewhere else, but he's not going to do it here and we need to trade him ASAP. He definitely needs a change of scenery, it's plainly obvious. If any player ever did, it's him. If we actually had a hockey media, he'd be being vilified worse than McCabe in Toronto right now.

I'd definitely take Josh Bailey, that'd be fine with me. Jimmy Hayes? LOL. You're kidding, right? Kulikov fetches more than a Hayes. Gimme a break. You don't know GMs AREN'T blowing up Tallon's cellphone. There's been plenty of buzz about him from reputable sources. Allan Muir says Detroit, Carolina, and Edmonton are interested. There's not calling Tallon and asking about Kulikov and offering 4th liners, I guarantee you.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Something has to happen with Kulikov in some way. You can see the frustration in the guy's face after the penalty which led to the Pens goal and the pass he handed right to another Pens goal. He's as frustrated as we are this season and obviously can't figure his mental mistakes out. I'd say bench the guy for a game or two. Let him clear his head. I'm glad Horachek is at the point to agreeing to do that per Harvey's tweet. If he doesn't progress after coming back, then Tallon should consider options on what to do with him if they decide to move him at all. We know he has the potential to provide some good defensive talent for the future as he's still young, but in order to showcase it, he needs to figure out what in his mind is preventing it. I just don't want to unload him only to become a top pairing defenseman somewhere else for the next fifteen years just yet.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah, I know. Just saying I'd rather see Kuli play than Gilbert if you had to choose one.

And it would be weird if Kuli was indeed scratched and that Gilbert has yet to be scratched once.

-ghoste

It is weird that Gilbert wasn't scratched 2-3 weeks ago when he was an abomination. But the thing is he's slowly been getting better, and Kuli's slowly been getting worse.

I'd rather see Kuli play too, but we all know Gilbert is a stopgap without much upside. Kulikov is expected to be better, so I can see Horachek sitting him to try to get his head turned around.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Something has to happen with Kulikov in some way. You can see the frustration in the guy's face after the penalty which led to the Pens goal and the pass he handed right to another Pens goal. He's as frustrated as we are this season and obviously can't figure his mental mistakes out. I'd say bench the guy for a game or two. Let him clear his head. I'm glad Horachek is at the point to agreeing to do that per Harvey's tweet. If he doesn't progress after coming back, then Tallon should consider options on what to do with him if they decide to move him at all. We know he has the potential to provide some good defensive talent for the future as he's still young, but in order to showcase it, he needs to figure out what in his mind is preventing it. I just don't want to unload him only to become a top pairing defenseman somewhere else for the next fifteen years just yet.

It's definitely a mental thing to me. He gets one mistake and it snowballs. He needs to clear out his head and focus on getting back to the basics.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Really hope Kuli gets it together. He is (IMO) easily our most talented blue liner, but his play simply defies logic. One minute he is effortlessly making smart, crisp, tape-to-tape outlet passes and the next minute he's fluttering weak backhanded passes straight to the other team. He is an excellent skater, maybe the best on our squad, but yet there he is, falling on his ass during key moments as if he were temporarily possessed by Kuba. And does this guy practice shooting at all? It blows my mind that an NHL defenseman, never mind a player with his skill set, can miss wide on a slapshot over, and over, and over, and over again. The worst part is we can't even trade him because his value is so low, yet his ceiling is so high that he is significantly more valuable on our roster than what we could fetch for him in a trade. Easily the most frustrating player I have ever watched on any of my favorite sports teams.

/rant

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Really hope Kuli gets it together. He is (IMO) easily our most talented blue liner, but his play simply defies logic. One minute he is effortlessly making smart, crisp, tape-to-tape outlet passes and the next minute he's fluttering weak backhanded passes straight to the other team. He is an excellent skater, maybe the best on our squad, but yet there he is, falling on his ass during key moments as if he were temporarily possessed by Kuba. And does this guy practice shooting at all? It blows my mind that an NHL defenseman, never mind a player with his skill set, can miss wide on a slapshot over, and over, and over, and over again. The worst part is we can't even trade him because his value is so low, yet his ceiling is so high that he is significantly more valuable on our roster than what we could fetch for him in a trade. Easily the most frustrating player I have ever watched on any of my favorite sports teams.

/rant

Other teams recognize his ceiling too. We could get something pretty decent for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad