GDT: Florida Panthers @ San Jose Sharks 7:30pm 11-5-15

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
An interesting coaching decision to be made now is whether you keep Stalock in for Anaheim on Saturday. I think he played well enough for another start but his leash should be short just as Jones' leash should be short when he's in...although not as short as Stalock's.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

Should be an interesting one.

Sharks 5 Panthers 2
Donskoi, Martin, Nieto, Hertl, Ward
Jagr, Ekblad

Edged out poor CanadienShark, who didn't get any of the goalscorers. Pretty sure he'd be leading the "runner-up" SNOG standings.

I'm surprised that I only had an old SNOG graphic for your old name. Guess it's been a while, so congrats on getting off the schneid!

SNOG%202015-11-05_zpsq8euq8on.jpg

Game|SNOG winner|Result
Oct. 7 at LA| CanadienShark | Sharks 5-1
Oct. 10 vs ANH| crzymexicanbeer | Sharks 2-0
Oct. 13 at WAS| none | Sharks 5-0
Oct. 16 at NJ| Painful Quandary, TheJuxtaposer | Sharks 2-1 SO
Oct. 17 at NYI| none | Islanders 6-3
Oct. 19 at NYR| none | Rangers 4-0
Oct. 22 vs LA| magic school bus | Kings 4-1
Oct. 24 vs CAR| SwolePatrol | Sharks 5-2
Oct. 28 vs NSH| none | Predators 2-1
Oct. 31 at DAL| none | Stars 5-3
Nov. 1 at COL| The Great John Scott | Sharks 4-3
Nov. 3 vs CBJ| Gerbefied | Blue Jackets 5-2
Nov. 5 vs FLA| Eid Ma Clack Shaw | Sharks 5-2

2015-16 Standings
---------------------
T-1) CanadienShark, crzymexicanbeer, Eid Ma Clack Shaw, Gerbefied, magic school bus, Painful Quandary, SwolePatrol, TheJuxtaposer, The Great John Scott (1)

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Stalocks been here full time for 3 years yet our players still are surprised and bobble the puck when he skates out and flips it to them from the circle.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Donskoi on TV postgame (Three Stars) interview:

- [unintelligible / in-arena announcer too loud] just kept going, had solid 60 minutes today
- easy to be third guy in line with two great players, just trying to do his best every night

Haley on radio postgame interview:

- they're feeling good with their effort and it showed on the scoreboard tonight
- [on his fight] they didn't come out with the jump they wanted, knew Florida played last night and it went to overtime, the fight's just part of hockey, luckily the boys did a good job rallying after
- there aren't too many guys who can just fight, you need to be able to play hockey, at the same time he can't forget that it's the hitting that can set him apart, good clean breakouts but don't forget being physical
- he and Lerg are close, communication is there, they played a lot together in Worcester and with the Barracuda, it's great having a familiar person to play with, all the guys here are pretty great, now with everything being so close it's pretty much one big team

Also, I don't usually pull stuff from the dressing room interviews, but Thornton called Donskoi's performance from the last two games "unreal."

Last edited:

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
An interesting coaching decision to be made now is whether you keep Stalock in for Anaheim on Saturday. I think he played well enough for another start but his leash should be short just as Jones' leash should be short when he's in...although not as short as Stalock's.

Jones starts. No question

Eid Ma Clack Shaw

Jul 5, 2007
San Jose, CA
Edged out poor CanadienShark, who didn't get any of the goalscorers. Pretty sure he'd be leading the "runner-up" SNOG standings.

I'm surprised that I only had an old SNOG graphic for your old name. Guess it's been a while, so congrats on getting off the schneid!

Game|SNOG winner|Result

2015-16 Standings
---------------------
T-1) CanadienShark, crzymexicanbeer, Eid Ma Clack Shaw, Gerbefied, magic school bus, Painful Quandary, SwolePatrol, TheJuxtaposer, The Great John Scott (1)

Woot! I definitely haven't posted as much over the last 2 or 3 years, but good to finally snag one again :yo:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Can anyone point me where I can see the Donskoi goal? Haven't seen any replays on NHL.com.

Edit. NVM, found it.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Nothing against Tierney/others but him pressuring the point vs Couture is a world of difference. Big reason PK has fallen off IMO

yup couture is an awesome shotblocker and he'll take it right the other way and bury it.

great game, one of the best of the season. stalock was pretty solid even though it still feels like any shot can go past him at any time. jones needs to step up though.

loved loved loved what the first line is looking like. maybe a bit delayed with donskoi's injury but he was a possession monster in this one and if he can keep getting better, there's gonna be some globetrotter stuff from the first line.

dillon had a pretty good game!

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Didn't see the game, but, this is a perfect example of why it's WAAAYY too early in the season to judge players based on production. 2 games ago, somebody was complaining about Burns' production "falling off from last year". Now he's on a 25 goal and 63 point pace.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Game|SNOG winner|Result

2015-16 Standings
---------------------

:rant:

I quit. Twice in the last three games. :laugh:

ScottyDont

Aug 30, 2010
Philly (<3 in SJ)
Caught the highlights. I was so happy to see that goal from Marleau. Absolute beauty! Real shame Donskoi's second goal got called off, another great play. Goldobin with the setup for Vlasic? Jeez, so many sexy highlights last night

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Jones starts. No question

Probably but if it's me coaching, I'm looking at any excuse to start Stalock early in the season to try and save games for Jones later in the year. Remember, Jones is not a proven starter and he shouldn't be trusted to handle a starter's workload when his career high in starts in the NHL is 18. No reason to treat Jones like Niemi was treated. Stalock played well. Reward him. There will be plenty of games that Jones will start. Might as well save one when it would make sense.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013

I'd start Jones. But I wouldn't mind if DeBoer started Stalock. He played well tonight and I wouldn't mind DeBoer rewarding that. Plus, like you said, it's not clear how many games Jones will be able to play; he's never been a starter before. I think he'll be fine with a starter's load but you never know until he tries it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad