Prospect Info: Florida Panthers Prospect Thread 2014-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Jameson Olive @JamesonCoop
#FlaPanthers not receiving qualifying offers: Michael Houser, Josh McFadden, Ryan Martindale, Andrew Yogan, Jesse Blacker, Shayne Taker

Wow, really surprised about Houser...

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Jameson Olive @JamesonCoop
#FlaPanthers not receiving qualifying offers: Michael Houser, Josh McFadden, Ryan Martindale, Andrew Yogan, Jesse Blacker, Shayne Taker

Wow, really surprised about Houser...
Our Portland HFB heard this almost two weeks ago already, now it was just made official with the qualifying deadline approaching.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Malgin wasn't picked in the CHL Import Draft, so he should be staying in Switzerland.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Malgin wasn't picked in the CHL Import Draft, so he should be staying in Switzerland.
Says on Elite Prospects he was drafted by Rouyn-Noranda Huskies #26 in the 1st Round in 2014. Do they not hold his rights for awhile?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Says on Elite Prospects he was drafted by Rouyn-Noranda Huskies #26 in the 1st Round in 2014. Do they not hold his rights for awhile?
Nvm then, I didn't even check if he was already drafted or not. Tallon or Luce, can't remember which, talked about the CHL Draft coming up and the possibility of playing in the CHL, so I assumed he wasn't drafted yet.

Maybe they were talking about Huskies trading his rights? :dunno:

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
Have any panthers fans found any substantial video on malgin? I found one goal of his where he did a spin move and shot the puck five hole but nothing else.

Interested in him cause his scouting report sounded very similar to Bracco. Is anyone able to comment on his skill vs. a guy like Grimaldi? Thanks and ive heard very little about this guy but what I do hear makes him seem like the next shifty young scorer who can break into the NHL

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Have any panthers fans found any substantial video on malgin? I found one goal of his where he did a spin move and shot the puck five hole but nothing else.

Interested in him cause his scouting report sounded very similar to Bracco. Is anyone able to comment on his skill vs. a guy like Grimaldi? Thanks and ive heard very little about this guy but what I do hear makes him seem like the next shifty young scorer who can break into the NHL

Skill wise he is at least equal to Grims. Rocco has more grit and speed, but I think Malgin has more smarts in all three zones.

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
Malgin didn't report to the Panthers' development camp and won't play for the Huskies next year. That's a great choice I think, he's better off developing in Switzerland with Zurich which is among the best in Europe -if not the best- to develop young players.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

Q&A with Denis Malgin

At the 1:04 mark they ask "Traumverein" or "Dream Team". He answers "Florida Panthers"

If I'm not mistaken this was filmed before the draft. We were actually his 'dream' destination before he had any idea where he was going to get picked? Not sure, but I'd like to see more footage of this kid.

Last edited:

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Q&A with Denis Malgin

At the 1:04 mark they ask "Traumverein" or "Dream Team". He answers "Florida Panthers"

If I'm not mistaken this was filmed before the draft. Were we actually his 'dream' destination before he had any idea where he was going to get picked? Not sure, but I'd like to see more footage of this kid.
Yes, it was up loaded back 9/14. He likes Pam Anderson, Pavel Datsuk, Ping Pong, Lambergini, and the Cats. What does an 18 yr old see in 48 yr old Pam Anderson? She's like a 65 Lamborgini with 1M miles. Looks like a young Tom Cruise (gonna drive the gals crazy) + at 5'9"/176 lbs he looks very strong. From what little I've seen of him, I like his future.

He's another pass first guy. Wake up kid, and learn to shoot the puck more. That's what we need over here.:)

Last edited:

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Yes, it was up loaded back 9/14. He likes Pam Anderson, Pavel Datsuk, Ping Pong, Lambergini, and the Cats. What does an 18 yr old see in 48 yr old Pam Anderson? She's like a 65 Lamborgini with 1M miles. Looks like a young Tom Cruise (gonna drive the gals crazy) + at 5'9"/176 lbs he looks very strong. From what little I've seen of him, I like his future.

He's another pass first guy. Wake up kid, and learn to shoot the puck more. That's what we need over here.:)

we can get a 750K 4th liner to put on every line and just put them behind the net so they try to pass him through the net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad