Recalled/Assigned: Florida Panthers have recalled Quinton Howden and Alex Petrovic from SA

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Howden reminds me of Matthias with what he will bring. Of course, apart Howden being a winger. Two bottom six, fast, energy guys that are big and can score once in a while.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
These super fast guys like Howden are some of the league's best PKers and I'll bet lead on SH goals. Hopefully gets PK time because his speed can get D men to be more conservative cycling the puck.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
These super fast guys like Howden are some of the league's best PKers and I'll bet lead on SH goals. Hopefully gets PK time because his speed can get D men to be more conservative cycling the puck.

Since the season is long gone, wouldn't mind seeing Howden on the PK. Maybe even with Trocheck.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Although I haven't seen much of him this season, I think Howden will be a permanent fixture in our bottom 6 sooner rather than later, no?

Sure, he might not score 20+ goals per year, but if he can chip in here and there and be an effective PKer and energy guy, I don't see why anyone would complain...

Inb4 someone replies with a funny Mathias picture

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Oh lawds, we b recalling errrbody now.
cat_needs_help-18602.jpg

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
isnt robak out of waivers or does that matter now

I believe he's up on an emergency basis. Dan Weiss mentioned that there's word of another injury on the Panthers blue line.

And you all can laugh and post cat pictures if you want, but Colby Robak has been the best defender on the team for the better part of 2 months and has been playing lights out hockey. Significantly better than Petrovic.

EnforceTheLaus

Nov 3, 2013
I believe he's up on an emergency basis. Dan Weiss mentioned that there's word of another injury on the Panthers blue line.

And you all can laugh and post cat pictures if you want, but Colby Robak has been the best defender on the team for the better part of 2 months and has been playing lights out hockey. Significantly better than Petrovic.
Interesting (I pray Jovo gets placed on IR like Mottau with his "leg injury").

He's been playing a more defensive role recently right?

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

I don't think the jokes were aimed at Colby, just the fact that we are recalling so many players from the Rampage recently.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I don't think the jokes were aimed at Colby, just the fact that we are recalling so many players from the Rampage recently.

That's the way I took it too.

Excited to see how Robak plays tn. Had high hopes for him when we drafted him.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida

PLEASE BE JOVO PLEASE BE JOVO :crossfing:

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Yup was nothing against Robak, purely a jab at Panthers management acting like a sinking ship when we've been underwater for quite sometime now. Even worse, we are hurting the Rampage's playoff hopes.

EnforceTheLaus

Nov 3, 2013
Yup was nothing against Robak, purely a jab at Panthers management acting like a sinking ship when we've been underwater for quite sometime now. Even worse, we are hurting the Rampage's playoff hopes.

It's not just us drawing heavy in the affiliate, the league was "smart" enough to take a month off, then load March with 15+ games per team. A lot of injuries will happen.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Sure, he might not score 20+ goals per year, but if he can chip in here and there and be an effective PKer and energy guy, I don't see why anyone would complain...

These sound like the words of the architects who have built the Florida Panthers roster for the past 20 years, and their message to the fans.

:sarcasm:

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio

Don't be fooled. The Rampage's playoff hopes were dashed on Trade Deadline Day.

Also, these guys are all up on an emergency basis, filling in for injured players (except Trocheck). They aren't just calling guys up to give them a look. They are calling them up in order to ice a full team.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Don't be fooled. The Rampage's playoff hopes were dashed on Trade Deadline Day.

Also, these guys are all up on an emergency basis, filling in for injured players (except Trocheck). They aren't just calling guys up to give them a look. They are calling them up in order to ice a full team.

Feel really bad for the Rampage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad