Prospect Info: Florida Panthers Development Camp

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
I'm excited to see what he can do in a full year down in Charlotte.

This is going to be a most interesting and competitive Training Camp. Can't wait to see who plays himself into, or out of one, of those last spots; as well as who eventually may get moved to create some space (roster and CAP).

Lots of one way contracts, in place, especially up front. It's going to be fun to watch...:laugh: :nod:

Reactions: harv33173

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I don't understand how tampa's prospects are this good, they are literally a bottom 5 pool

good question.

not sure if this is relevant but what is the proportion of, to use the earlier post (@Knighty Knight ?) of group A, B, C camp invites between the two clubs? by that, i mean have we offered more camp invites to un-drafted and castoff players (group C) vs TB? we do have a lot of kids out there who aren't our prospects; a few look to be threats to at least earn an shot at a checkers roster spot but some are certainly just filling out the camp roster.

in any case, this is probably a good reality check for zito. have we really fixed our drafting and player development? fixing the big club's roster is just one piece of the puzzle of sustainable success.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
don't know if anyone's shared this story yet but this writer seemed to think trevor wong had a lot of potential (enough to make him one of the 3 story lines of camp). only was able to watch parts of two of the games. anyone else have an opinion on him? did he impress?

Reactions: PSLguy

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
don't know if anyone's shared this story yet but this writer seemed to think trevor wong had a lot of potential (enough to make him one of the 3 story lines of camp). only was able to watch parts of two of the games. anyone else have an opinion on him? did he impress?
Meh
He has some decent speed, but really lacks size. He was getting pushed around physically I thought. I would imagine he is in our group C prospects, being sent right to the training camp for the Checkers.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
In my opinion, on the outside looking in for a NHL training camp invite:

F - Alaire, Picard, Trenholm, Wong
D - Brunet, Calisti, Haché, LeGuerrier
G - Austin

I'd imagine tomorrow they're going to release the training camp roster.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I'm pretty sure we can't sign wong though, he is still draft eligible

story says he was invited as a UFA. he can reenter the draft but right now, he's free.

wouldn't make sense for him to be a pro camp if the team couldn't sign him.

EDIT: sorry, didn't see other responses...

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
can anyone summarize the ones who missed an invite (that we thought might have even an outside shot)?

wong
treeholm
picard
calisti

anyone else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad