Post-Series Talk: Florida Panthers defeat the Boston Bruins 4-2, advance to ECF

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I get Swayman played well but that gwg was an awful one to give up. Im sure he wants that one back
I had a feeling that whoever got the GWG no matter which team it would be a soft/weak goal. I'm just glad that it wasn't another controversial GI special or something like what happened in the Colorado/Dallas game. He gave up a bad rebound and was screened by Wotherspoon on that shot. No one to blame but our own guys for that. Can't be mad at him at all though with the playoffs he had.

Mar 26, 2010
Because no one in Boston has ever commented on the fact that they got much respect in the handshake line - or, even worse, suggested that it was some sort of indication that it was any kind of progress.
No one in Toronto ever commented that either. Boston has officially received respect in the hand shake like.

Boston “respect in the handshake line” Bruins

• Haha
Reactions: Lilou and Chaos2k7

Nogatco Rd

noble man who is loved by many animal
Apr 3, 2021
Great series. My boy Cashflow is a huge Panthers fan, he sent me this pic from his watch party
IMG_4642.jpeg

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
You clearly didn’t want the 2019 Final if you think it’s weird for Boston to be on the other side of referring.
Your right, my mistake.... Boston got their NHL "Love-card" revoked that series too. That's two times in-a-row other franchise/player stories trumped Boston's. Wow, that must of made this past series -vs- Florida Thuchuk's even more weird. Especially after considering how Boston fan-base has been one of NHL's favorite child for years. That's the way it rolls sometimes: one might be on top now, but later on, one might find themselves on the bottom. Still, weird situation for those who are use to top all-the-time (AKA- Boston Bruins fans)

One never really knows which story-line, player, or team NHL/TV/Media will favor, but cost involved within sports-world today. Money has become major driving force within that equation unfortunately. Back in the day, sentimental or being historic organization still carried major weight, with who got favor during games/series. Now stories checking right boxes, certain players, promotion of youth with correct zip-code, TV ratings, and money does most of that talking now!!!! Just think, they have technology that gives them those number$ in real time now (They know what's selling). But the good news, at least Boston took advantage before money/ratings/advertising took over so much. In 2011 playoffs: Boston received same type of playoff love 2024 Florida & 2019 St. Louis received. That 2011 playoff love helped end Boston's long 39 year "Cup" drought. In 2019, same type of playoff love helped end Blues "Cup" misery also. The 2011 -vs- 2019 playoffs seem to be a..... what comes around goes around type of situation for Boston (Pity those players/coaches not involved in both events though).

At least Boston took advantage of that playoff love in 2011 and that is what matters most. That's what Championship caliber teams do, they take advantage of the breaks. Plus, Championship caliber teams overcome whatever, even when breaks don't favor them (Like Stars did in 1st rd this year). What to hold own team destiny? Become a complete team, that's good enough to handle whatever is thrown ones way (Like what Florida did in game 3, when Lightning got 4-0 PP advantage because NHL/E$PN wanted series 2-1). One has to do that, and then a team increases their odds of overcoming any #1 BS thrown their way......

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sevendust

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I get Swayman played well but that gwg was an awful one to give up. Im sure he wants that one back
true, but he was roughly screened by his own Dman....and for once it wasn't McAvoy

No. No. No.

That is just not fair. Toronto started and earned the “handshake line respect” metric. Takes a special kind of team to fight for that award.

So while it’s very kind of you to try to honor us with that compliment we must respectfully decline. Say what you will about Boston but we don’t fight hard enough or care enough about respect in the line to be given that award.

Fair is fair. It’s Toronto’s title and we are just NOT worthy of same. Maybe one day.
Yes the leafs own that title
And their 93 Norris Division Championship Rings.

Reactions: Number8

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Whew. Got florida in some pools. And I got NYR too so I got my east coast stacks find and dandy. My western players are shaky. McDavid and gang might blow it. But I think tons of people have Oilers guys so might not be that bad. Need Dallas to finish off Avs as I got Dallas guys too.
Same here.
I have 5 Panthers. 4 Stars. 2 Oilers.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Reactions: Lilou

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Facts are facts

Also a fact - Bruins choked yet again but yeah 2011 Yay!
Since when is losing to a better team in 6 games choking? Have you seen the Roster the Bruins had? Floridas was MUCH better and absolutely no one had them the favourites.

Either you don’t know what the definition of choking is or you’re attempting a very sad troll attempt

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I posted Boston just has to add a couple offensive forwards maybe a center to get past better teams. The goaltending just can't carry a team that long. Hard to add talent but Bruins may decline unless they add more offense.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Since when is losing to a better team in 6 games choking? Have you seen the Roster the Bruins had? Floridas was MUCH better and absolutely no one had them the favourites.

Either you don’t know what the definition of choking is or you’re attempting a very sad troll attempt
probably a leaf fan who after the Jackets and Habs took them out in the first round and being losers of 5 straight game 7s ..... choking ? losing? same thing to a leaf fan.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Same here.
I have 5 Panthers. 4 Stars. 2 Oilers.
One pool I got approx 4 of each. Full rosters worth between Edm, Dallas, Flor, NYR. Pick any player you want. Pavelski and Hintz killing me.

The other pool is about 30 players pick 'em box format. I got I think about 10 Edm, 6 each NYR and Flor. The rest are random crap I had no choice but to pick whomever was there.

I'm doing much better in the second pool. But if the Dallas guys can pick it up I'll catch the leaders fast as all those Colorado and Carolina pickers will drop fast now.

If edm blows it I dont think it'll impact much as practically everyone picked Oilers. And I dont remember one poolie picking Vancouver guys much at all (if any).

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I’ve never really cared to listen to what a coach had to say post game. But Maurice speaking post game goes well beyond normal canned responses and is actually worth the time to listen to.

His impressions of the hard fought battle with Boston sprinkled throughout, more so starting at 3:00.
Props to the Broons. It’s always never easy playing them.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I posted Boston just has to add a couple offensive forwards maybe a center to get past better teams. The goaltending just can't carry a team that long. Hard to add talent but Bruins may decline unless they add more offense.

At the end when they were scrambling to tie it 6-on-5, it was clear to me when Charlie Coyle was down low that he was never going to win a battle for the puck and it was over. Same reason their PP sucked all year (except for the Toronto series which tells you more about the Leafs than anything). They need a big center to do anything, Pastrnak can't do everything himself.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021

Hmm...Good point, when a team loses to another team higher in the standings or is simply an equal or better team, it's not coking. I think I agree with that.

They didn’t choke. Team had no 1st and 2nd line centers. Most people didn’t even pick them to make the playoffs. Good season for them considering.
you may have a point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad