Post-Series Talk: Florida Panthers defeat the Boston Bruins 4-2, advance to ECF

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The pressure on Pasternak is just to much. Boston is a regular season team that plays hard and can win with the goaltending and D. But in the playoffs, you need to have an edge in scorers. Posted from the get-go Boston just doesn't have enough offense.

They basically have two fill-ins at #1C and #2C.

It’s impressive that they were here at all.

Meanwhile, a team with Crosby and Malkin doesn’t even make the playoffs.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
Losing a series you’re the underdog in is a choke now?
oh I'm just using the HFBoards definitions. See the Leafs lot in 7 games on overtime to a team that finished with 7 more points than the Leafs - and all of HFBoards claimed the Leafs choked. I of course objected to the use of the term but the mob is always right. I actually think a team can just lose (someone has to) and it not be a choke - but the big brains here don't feel the same way and have rewritten the dictionary.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Good grief

Florida won six straight playoff games in Boston.

Bruins are 3-8 in their past 11 home postseason games

Boston has been eliminated at home in the postseason 10 times in 20 years

How does that happen?
Better on the road .
Like the leafs and several other teams.
Home ice guarantees nothing.
This ain't the NBA

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Congrats to Florida, clearly the better roster. Zito has done some nice work there. Forsling was outstanding in the 6th game and the Barkov line just cycled at will this series.

Couple good games in this series but thought it was largely a lot of dump it in dump it out circle the wagons BS. Not as much emotion as I expected from either team. Bruins simply do not have the talent needed up the middle anymore but I liked what I saw from some of the young guys. McAvoy, Pasta, Swayman, and Marchand needed to carry them and really only Sway was at his best this series.
Yeah, y'all need a top center. Coyle and Zach's are solid but playing above their pay grade

Reactions: Bounces R Way

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
oh I'm just using the HFBoards definitions. See the Leafs lot in 7 games on overtime to a team that finished with 7 more points than the Leafs - and all of HFBoards claimed the Leafs choked. I of course objected to the use of the term but the mob is always right. I actually think a team can just lose (someone has to) and it not be a choke - but the big brains here don't feel the same way and have rewritten the dictionary.
That inferiority complex always shines through eventually. lol

Reactions: Laus723

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Panthers are much better on the road, this has been the case since the new practice facility opened. I don't think driving to the rink in a golf cart (in your flip flops) has been good for their mindset, tbh.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
David Pastrnak is the Bruins best forward but I can’t really say he had a game where I was like “He’s the best player out there” - I just don’t think you can win with a guy like that.

When the game gets tough, physical and nasty he crumbles.

His center in this series was Morgan Geekie, a guy the Seattle Kraken didn't even want. He definitely could have played better but relying on a winger to carry your team in the playoffs basically never goes well. McAvoy with one maybe two good games in the entire playoffs was the more disappointing performance for me.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The pressure on Pasternak is just to much. Boston is a regular season team that plays hard and can win with the goaltending and D. But in the playoffs, you need to have an edge in scorers. Posted from the get-go Boston just doesn't have enough offense.
True. Pasta is great but big drop off after that.
Bruins amaze how they battle as well as they do with that line up.
And ya know what......they'll be top 3 in Atantic again next season......and a tough out in the play offs

Reactions: myleafs

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
You can’t convince me that everything about the Toronto Maple Leafs(from the management to the players to the fans) is anything but a meme.

Like I’m not even sure that they really exist or we’re all in the Matrix and they are just something made up for HF to dunk on.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
His center in this series was Morgan Geekie, a guy the Seattle Kraken didn't even want. He definitely could have played better but relying on a winger to carry your team in the playoffs basically never goes well. McAvoy with one maybe two good games in the entire playoffs was the more disappointing performance for me.
Well said.
Couldn't agree more.

Reactions: 24 others

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
That was a hard fought series. No quit in either team.

Swayman was battling every game! Impressive performance
mmm nope. Boston quit and the result was losing games 2, 3, 4 and 6. Marchand quit when he got punched in the face.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The team I wanted to win, won. Yes, they pose the best threat to NYR. Fla. is my second favorite team (I like how they were built, family lives there) in the *East; NYI are like 120% Cats 20%.

Swayman is the best goalie, so far, for my money. Loved Marchand dismissing Bennett. As I said, in Oct/Nov, the B's do not have enough scoring.

Jackie Redmond is gorgeous, had to throw that in, again. I mean no disrespect to our female posters.

I am pulling for Maurice, KO.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Bad goal against for Swayman on the GWG. He's obviously the last of their problems but that one can't go in.

Anyways credit to the B's, I definitely expected this to be over in 5 & with ease, but they made it a series. Even tonight it's a tie game late.

Florida vs NYR is the 2 best teams in the conference, you don't always get that in the playoffs, really looking forward too it.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Holy shit people, stop saying it was a good series. It was a terrible series. Florida was on a different level than Boston and without Swayman standing in his head the whole series it would’nt have been close. Congrats Florida. Well deserved win.
Word. That Boston roster is awful and should not have made it out of the first round if not for goaltending. They need some serious retooling or maybe a proper rebuild. Keep Swayman, McAvoy and deal everyone over 27 year old IMO or keep being stuck in mediocrity like the past three seasons.

They could get a decent haul for Pasta, Ullmark, Marchand, Carlo and jump start that rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad