GDT: Florida Panthers @ Buffalo Sabres - 1/2/15 - 7:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yes. I don't know how nobody else noticed it? He only played 13:23 and Huberdeau only played 12:40.

Even Trocheck had more icetime than them. Whats even more weird Bjugs won 67% of faceoffs. So was he benched or banged up?

Even Boyes played 18 minutes and he's horrible in the own end

It seems only Huberdeau and Pirri had less ice time among forwards

Digging deeper

Bjugstad had 4 shifts in the 3rd period. Could it be Gallant were sending him a message as it seems Bjugs last shift was 1min 12 sec. Too long shifts? His 4 shifts in the 3rd almost all were around 1 minute.

Pirri and Bjugstad did neither have a shift after 12:09 in the 3rd
Huberdeau did play with Trocheck & JJ on the 4th line. Bjugs was with Pirri & Hayes.

I didn't watch the 3rd period actively, but as far as the whole game goes, Trocheck stayed out a bit too long a couple of times for my liking.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I'm not sure that Bjugstad and Huberdeau got benched. The last 5 or so minutes of the game, it seemed like Mack or Bolland were always out there for the faceoff and some combination of Upshall, Jokinen, Bergy on the wing. I think it was just a matter of conserving the lead and having the right people out there to accomplish that.

The reason that Barkov line had a tonne of ice time was because they had a great game last night, in case anyone didn't notice. They were in the offensive zone all night.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I'm not sure that Bjugstad and Huberdeau got benched. The last 5 or so minutes of the game, it seemed like Mack or Bolland were always out there for the faceoff and some combination of Upshall, Jokinen, Bergy on the wing. I think it was just a matter of conserving the lead and having the right people out there to accomplish that.

The reason that Barkov line had a tonne of ice time was because they had a great game last night, in case anyone didn't notice. They were in the offensive zone all night.

IMO Barkov line was down in the own zone a lot too. Barkov was 21% on faceoffs last night

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
I stand corrected. Maybe it was a bet?

Brian%20Campbell.jpg

Sure, the mouth is closed but he cannot breathe. He is falling to his left as he is about to pass out.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

Im ready to get my arse kicked.

How long are we going to continue to say Barkov is playing great while he can't make it translate on the scoreboard?

27gp 2g 5a 7pts -6

We ned an intervention folks, hes not playing well.

But but but:

Hes a shutdown center! No one drafts a 2nd overall for that we are paying Bolland 5 mil for that.

Hes only 19! very true! and if he needs time we need to give it to him. Maybe the knee injury needs end of yr surgery. but his lack of production is costly THIS YEAR.

I hope he breaks out these next few weeks i really do Im a fan, but Im honest and although hes "ours" and hes very defensive responsible, hes not what a 2nd overall should be doing.

Im not quitting on him, your nuts to quit on a 19 yo. But for this campaign, hes failing so far.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

How long are we going to continue to say Barkov is playing great while he can't make it translate on the scoreboard?

27gp 2g 5a 7pts -6

But but but:

Hes a shutdown center! No one drafts a 2nd overall for that we are paying Bolland 5 mil for that.

Hes only 19! very true! and if he needs time we need to give it to him. Maybe the knee injury needs end of yr surgery. but his lack of production is costly THIS YEAR.

I hope he breaks out these next few weeks i really do Im a fan, but Im honest and although hes "ours" and hes very defensive responsible, hes not what a 2nd overall should be doing.

Im not quitting on him, your nuts to quit on a 19 yo. But for this campaign, hes failing so far.

He's started to get some more chances these past few games and his offensive game is much better than it has been compared to earlier in the season. His possession numbers are high and he's got primary assists in his past two games. There's plenty of time left this season for him to get some more points so we'll see. Way too early in his career to say that he's only a shutdown third line center

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
But Barkov is PPG in the last two games.

Compared to say Trocheck, who has a whopping 1 goal in his last 11 games. And no, I'm not leaving assists out to improve my argument, since he has none in those 11 games.

Another comparison, Pirri has one assist since returning from concussion. That's 13 games folks.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
He's started to get some more chances these past few games and his offensive game is much better than it has been compared to earlier in the season. His possession numbers are high and he's got primary assists in his past two games. There's plenty of time left this season for him to get some more points so we'll see. Way too early in his career to say that he's only a shutdown third line center

I didnt say that hes only a shut down 3rd liner. thats admitting hes a failure. you dont draft 2nd overalls to be shut down 3rd liners.

I specifically said its too early to judge him at 19. Im just talking about his campaign THIS year.

Id love to see those possession #s translate and all improve! perhaps some of it is we dont have a versteegish selfish goal scorer for him to pass to.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

Compared to say Trocheck, who has a whopping 1 goal in his last 11 games. And no, I'm not leaving assists out to improve my argument, since he has none in those 11 games.

Another comparison, Pirri has one assist since returning from concussion. That's 13 games folks.

points well taken Soups.

Theyve both sat from time to time.

they could again.

Would you sit Barky?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

THIS SEASON! adamgraves did not say he's bound to be a 3rd line center but he is right now for us.

Last edited:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Trocheck and Pirri were not selected 2nd overall. Not your coveted #1 center either. At this point he could be our future #1AB center or David Legwand

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I'd like to swap Trocheck and Shore at the 42/45 game mark if Trocheck doesn't turn it around.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Gallant is being smart and letting them rest, imo. We've played a lot with limited time off. Buffalo wasn't going to come back. Good forward thinking coaching, imo.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

27gp 2g 5a 7pts -6

But but but:

Of course he's failing. Anyone who tells you otherwise is being a homer. All one has to do is check the scoring of the #2 picks from the last decade and see their production and compare Barkov to them. He should have high expectations and he's not living up to them right now. I think he'll he figure it out and start scoring at a more respectable pace but statistically (offensively) he will not have a good year.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I'd like to swap Trocheck and Shore at the 42/45 game mark if Trocheck doesn't turn it around.

I've been saying this for a while even before this slump started... shore is a better player right now and has proven more... nothing wrong with trocheck playing a full year in the minors and tearing it up... his defensive game while not a liability could still use Improvement and he could Stand to be stronger and more used to the daily grind of pro hockey... we wI'll be a better team with shore and he could stay for the year and see what we have in him going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad