GDT: Florida Panthers at Ottawa Senators - 7PM - Sportsnet / TVAS - Hello Kitty, eat litter!

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Like my personal whipping boy? I mean maybe? I don’t think he’s been very good. His defensive game sure isn’t progressing but maybe in time.

I asked if there is a market for him because someone suggested trading him. Who’s taking him with his contract, injury history and current level of play outside of a firesale situation?

Hes not the guy you trade, is my point.
I have to disagree with your appraisal of his defensive play. There is room for improvement but he’s been good if you focus on him.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
"I don't care about advanced stats, I just want the two points".

But after the Minny game...

"no no, not like that".
Not what I said. Go read my posts. Don’t care how we win we need wins.

I’m just not sure how great we were against Minnesota. They’re. A fellow bad team and neither team was doing very much.

And I mean it clearly did not lead to strong defensive subsequent games lol

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
Like my personal whipping boy? I mean maybe? I don’t think he’s been very good. His defensive game sure isn’t progressing but maybe in time.

I asked if there is a market for him because someone suggested trading him. Who’s taking him with his contract, injury history and current level of play outside of a firesale situation?

I'm probably who you are referring to as the 'someone who suggested trading him'. I suggested I'd like to trade him and at the end of that same post said it would be very difficult to trade him (for the reasons you list).

You and I agree that unless you get what is an unlikely return, you can't trade him.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

I mean someone would take that gamble for sure, we just probably wouldn’t like the return. Better that we take the gamble and hope he returns to form. He was playing great last year pre injury, looked like he was rounding out into a scoring two way centre.

As with everyone else, new coaching staff before big moves.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I remember reading a quote by Joe DiMaggio that went something like"Every game there is a kid who is either coming to his first game or his last game which is why I have to do my very best". Wish more of our players would make that same commitment.
Yikes, imagine being that kid who was at his/her first Sens game last night.
It's crazy. In the early 00's, Daniel Alfredsson, Chris Phillips and Wade Redden took 1000x more heat than anyone on this team, and they were a playoff lock every season.
I remember the call-in shows after our playoff exits those years, the calls to blow-up the core. Even back then I was thinking "you don't know how good we're having it right now; just getting into the playoffs may not be so easy in the near future".

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yikes, imagine being that kid who was at his/her first Sens game last night.

I remember the call-in shows after our playoff exits those years, the calls to blow-up the core. Even back then I was thinking "you don't know how good we're having it right now; just getting into the playoffs may not be so easy in the near future".
Those kids should understand we just didn’t get the bounces

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad