OT: Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team: #43

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Hey guys, I thought I might start a new fun set of threads that's designed to go through all the numbers Panthers players have ever worn. Each thread will be a poll to decide the best player for that number. When this is all done, I'll put together a list of the Florida Panthers All-Time Number Team

Notes:
  • Some numbers only have one player, so they will represent it by default (and we won't have a thread for them), and obviously some numbers have never been worn and will be skipped.
  • If a player wore more than one number for the Panthers, they will be eligible for all numbers worn. If a player wins a number, they cannot be eligible for another.
  • The voting only matters for the time that player was a Florida Panther. Ignore their work for any other team.
  • In the case of a tie after the 72 hours has completely run out on a poll, we will have a run-off poll to decide that winner.

So far:
Number|Name
1| Roberto Luongo
2| Terry Carkner
3| Paul Laus
4| Jay Bouwmeester
5| Aaron Ekblad
6| Jason Woolley
7| Dmitry Kulikov
8| Peter Worrell
9| Stephen Weiss
10|Pavel Bure
11|Bill Lindsay
12|Olli Jokinen
13|Juraj Kolnik
14|Ray Whitney
15|Jozef Stumpel
16|Aleksander Barkov
17|Derek MacKenzie
18|Mike Hough
19|Radek Dvorak
20|Brian Skrudland
21|Tom Fitzgerald
22|Kristian Huselius
23|Rhett Warrener
24|Robert Svehla
25|Viktor Kozlov
26|Ray Sheppard
27|Scott Mellanby
28|Martin Straka
29|Tomas Vokoun
30|Mark Fitzpatrick
31|Craig Anderson
32|Kris Versteeg
33|Willie Mitchell
34|John Vanbiesbrouck
35|Al Montoya
36|Jussi Jokinen
37|Trevor Kidd
38|Eric Beaudoin
39|Ivan Novoseltsev
40|Steve Washburn
41|Shawn Matthias
42|Quinton Howden

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Mike 'Dream' Weaver.

Mike-Weaver-e1377958032599.jpg

Steady as they come defensive defenseman. Played 3 and 3/4 seasons here from '11-'14. His first two seasons he played every game, which for a dedicated shot blocker like he was, that's quite the feat.

One of the hardest shots on the team too :sarcasm:. In 253 GP here he only scored 4 goals, but one was in the playoffs in '12.

Serge Payer was a 4th line grinder here in '01 & '06. Nothing more, nothing less.

Byron Ritchie was pretty much the same player as Payer, with a bit more of an offensive game, but not really much. He played here from '02-'04. Came over as a piece in the Ozo trade with the Canes.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Loved Weaves while he was here. He was one of those players that wouldn't show up on the scroresheet, but was huge in the department of blocking shots. The guy wasn't huge at all, but sacrificed every part of his body to make sure the opposition didn't score.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Mike 'Dream' Weaver.

Mike-Weaver-e1377958032599.jpg

Steady as they come defensive defenseman. Played 3 and 3/4 seasons here from '11-'14. His first two seasons he played every game, which for a dedicated shot blocker like he was, that's quite the feat.

One of the hardest shots on the team too :sarcasm:. In 253 GP here he only scored 4 goals, but one was in the playoffs in '12.

Serge Payer was a 4th line grinder here in '01 & '06. Nothing more, nothing less.

Byron Ritchie was pretty much the same player as Payer, with a bit more of an offensive game, but not really much. He played here from '02-'04. Came over as a piece in the Ozo trade with the Canes.

If I have to pick 6 dmen of any we ever had, he would make the team.

Funny about him having one of the hardest shots, i was at Glacier during the lockout and he and Flash were still on the ice. I got new pads that were too big and when Flash started feeding him one timers, I couldn't get but one save lol. I felt the pucks whizzing by. Cool memory lol Last time I saw Stevie Weiss too.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
An underrated, super reliable defenseman in Weaver. For a guy of his size, he sure would hit a lot and block tons of shots. The fact that he scored a playoff goal was amazing, the game winner I do believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad