Florida Panthers 2020-21 Schedule Breakdown & Results

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
They can beat Carolina any game. Posting this here because it attracts more of an optimistic audience.

Based on game stats, moneypuck.com will run 1,000 simulations and estimate the number of times each team would be expected to win. Here are the Panthers expected win percentages in the 6 Canes games and the actual result.

Game 1: 28% (W)
Game 2: 36% (SOL)
Game 3: 91% (OTL)
Game 4 (Road back to back): 32% (L)
Game 5: 45% (L)
Game 6: 31% (L)

We haven’t been better than them but we haven’t been far and away worse and have deserved more wins based on the play. I remain optimistic that if we make targeted adjustments towards their special teams (much easier than 5v5 adjustments) we can easily take any game.

5v5 xGF in the series (5v5 actual goals):

FLA: 11.8 (9)
CAR: 11.1 (7)

The special teams has work to do (especially after Ekblad) but a month of coaching adjustments and possible TDL acquisitions should help.
Your fancy stats please me.

Dnigly13

Jun 21, 2017
Game 6 is going to be bad. 4 points and 1 left to play. 4 points already for game 7.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The win last game versus Nashville with big for multiple reasons:
Not only did it clinch a playoff spot, it won the season series from Nashville. As well they beat the best team at the time in the division since March 6th. I believe now Tampa Bay and Nashville are tied as the best teams in the central since March 6th.

This chart was to track points, with the goal being to make the playoffs.
Now that the goal is obtained, might as well finish the chart.

Reactions: Pigge

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Last game against every team was a win. The Panthers have saved their best for last against every team this season.
Great thing going into the playoffs!

Reactions: PSLguy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad