Florida Panthers 2013 Lineups

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Svatos will not make the team, I'm 99% positive Kovalev will though, if we don't make any transactions or pick up any other players on waivers, I would have to assume line-up will look like this.

Fleischmann - Weiss - Versteeg
Huberdeau - Mueller - Kovalev
Upshall -Matthias - Kopecky
Skille - Smithson - Parros

Campbell - Kuba
Weaver (if he isn't hurt) - Jovo?
Strachan - Petrovic / Ellerby

Evergreen

Svatos will not make the team, I'm 99% positive Kovalev will though, if we don't make any transactions or pick up any other players on waivers, I would have to assume line-up will look like this.

Fleischmann - Weiss - Versteeg
Huberdeau - Mueller - Kovalev
Upshall -Matthias - Kopecky
Skille - Smithson - Parros

Campbell - Kuba
Weaver (if he isn't hurt) - Jovo?
Strachan - Petrovic / Ellerby

How long is Goc out? What about Bergenheim?

Erick*

Despite how they looked last night, I expect Goc to center Huberdeau and Mueller as the season progresses.

Kovalev will either move down a line or perhaps Dineen shakes things up and puts him on the Weiss line so he can stay with more talented guys.

All in all, I don't think the Huberdeau-Mueller-Kovalev line sticks because Mueller is not really a center and Tallon/Santos have demonstrated that they value faceoffs/puck control since they've been here.

Personally, I think a Huberdeau-Goc-Mueller line has the potential to be really dangerous. Two skilled wingers with an intelligent center who's responsible defensively, and does a little of everything well.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I see zero reason to move Kovalev away from a scoring line.

You make no use of Kovalev when you do that. Might as well void his contract and tell him to leave if you don't want him on a scoring line.

I expect Huberdeau to see more time with more players though.

Erick*

I see zero reason to move Kovalev away from a scoring line.

You make no use of Kovalev when you do that. Might as well void his contract and tell him to leave if you don't want him on a scoring line.

I expect Huberdeau to see more time with more players though.

Yeah, that's why I said perhaps move him up with Weiss. Or move Mueller up/keep Kovalev/Huberdeau together?

Either way, I don't think Mueller is a C on this team when everyone is healthy.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I think the 2nd line will stay together only that Huberdeau will move into center. IMO he played center last night many times in game situations. He was the lowest of the forwards of that line and stayed down the middle. Mueller was the one who forecheck on that line all night. Hubs took 2 faceoffs last night and won both. I think with time we could see Mueller and Hubs change spots.

homegrizown

Feb 4, 2008
pembroke pines fl
if healthy i really expect the lines to be more like this

flash-weiss-steeger
huby-ferris mueller-ak27
bergy-goc-upshall
matthias-smithson-kopecky

campbell-kuba
weaver-kuli
guddy-jovo

extras parros, skille, stratchan

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don't think Kovy would be moved off a scoring line if he was bumped down to the 3rd line. Matthias looked good last night and he'd be with Bergy too. Let's face it, you can't have a line that doesn't play defense at all. That's not gonna fly with an NHL coach. So something's gotta give. Not every game is going to be like last night, Carolina was rusty and we exploded out of the gate. In a tight conference and a lot of close games, your 2nd line has to have at least one player that is responsible defensively.

homegrizown

Feb 4, 2008
pembroke pines fl
considering no line on the panthers is really that dominating and once everyone is back. we have 4 good lines. that line wouldn't play more then 15-18 minutes a night anyway.

kovy will have nights off. and i think people forget that dineen is a demanding coach if he thinks people aren't pulling there weight on both ends. he'll bench some guys. so everyone will have to hustle.

not being great defensively sometimes can be made up by hustle

JPG

Jul 31, 2002
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Visit site
I think the 2nd line will stay together only that Huberdeau will move into center. IMO he played center last night many times in game situations. He was the lowest of the forwards of that line and stayed down the middle. Mueller was the one who forecheck on that line all night. Hubs took 2 faceoffs last night and won both. I think with time we could see Mueller and Hubs change spots.

Huberdeau played center this season in the QMJHL and wasn't particularly dominating on faceoffs. 2 faceoffs last night is too small a sample size to make a judgement. Also, his stats playing as center in the Q were not as good as last season when he was LW; this I think has more to do with most of his talented teammates not being in junior anymore this year, but still his performance as a center was not as good. I certainly hope he becomes a good center, but I think hes an exceptional left winger and will be used there.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I think Parros stays in over Smithson if everyone ever gets healthy. Big reason Partis signed is so he can play, and we'll see plenty of substitutions for rest, etc.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
if healthy i really expect the lines to be more like this

flash-weiss-steeger
huby-ferris mueller-ak27
bergy-goc-upshall
matthias-smithson-kopecky

campbell-kuba
weaver-kuli
guddy-jovo

extras parros, skille, stratchan

Best thing is Tallon keeps extra guys around so guys don't get complacent. If you don't play well there is a guy waiting to replace you. Glad Viner lets him do it used to be they kept a bare minimum and only brought a guy up if a regular got hurt.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Best thing is Tallon keeps extra guys around so guys don't get complacent. If you don't play well there is a guy waiting to replace you. Glad Viner lets him do it used to be they kept a bare minimum and only brought a guy up if a regular got hurt.

This. Competition is healthy. It ensures that our lower line guys won't take nights off.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Despite how they looked last night, I expect Goc to center Huberdeau and Mueller as the season progresses.

Kovalev will either move down a line or perhaps Dineen shakes things up and puts him on the Weiss line so he can stay with more talented guys.

All in all, I don't think the Huberdeau-Mueller-Kovalev line sticks because Mueller is not really a center and Tallon/Santos have demonstrated that they value faceoffs/puck control since they've been here.

Personally, I think a Huberdeau-Goc-Mueller line has the potential to be really dangerous. Two skilled wingers with an intelligent center who's responsible defensively, and does a little of everything well.

As good as he was last night, Kovalev isn't going to play like that every night and he's going to need nights off. I doubt he sticks on Weiss' line. If he continues to play like he did last night though, you could be right but I doubt that. Like I said, streaky player who doesn't always go 100%.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I think Parros stays in over Smithson if everyone ever gets healthy. Big reason Partis signed is so he can play, and we'll see plenty of substitutions for rest, etc.

I think it's more like we'll see them both equally. Or rather, four people sharing three spots on the fourth line. Smithson is a very valuable high energy player, if you ask me.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
As good as he was last night, Kovalev isn't going to play like that every night and he's going to need nights off. I doubt he sticks on Weiss' line. If he continues to play like he did last night though, you could be right but I doubt that. Like I said, streaky player who doesn't always go 100%.

Kovalev isn't on Weiss's line. He plays with Huberdeau and Muller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad