Skille

Timmins
Hamill
Rheault
Caruso
Foster
Nash
Selleck

Who do you think gets re-signed and who doesn't?

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2013&team_id=16&position_id=-1&fa_type_id=2

Bolded ones I'd like back/keep. If Weiss can improve his play and get back to his old form, I'd deffo want him back. If not, well... it's better to let him go then.

Can't comment on the minor league players!

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Of the minor leaguers:

Let em go:
Yonkman
Deveaux
Rallo

Make offers to all RFA's and make a concerted effort to sign DGM as your #1 in SA.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
UFA

Weiss
Santorelli
Theodore
Kovalev
Smithson
Yonkman
Deveaux
Strachan
Grumet-Morris
Rallo

RFA

Mueller
Markstrom
Robak
Matthias
Skille
Timmins

Hamill
Rheault
Caruso
Foster
Nash
Selleck

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2013&team_id=16&position_id=-1&fa_type_id=2

This is what I'd guess. Don't know much about the bottom part of the list and I think we resign Weiss if we don't trade him. Theo probably retires, as well as Kovalev.

Erick*

UFA

Weiss
Santorelli
Theodore
Kovalev
Smithson
Yonkman
Deveaux
Strachan
Grumet-Morris
Rallo

RFA

Mueller
Markstrom
Robak
Matthias
Skille

Timmins
Hamill
Rheault
Caruso
Foster
Nash
Selleck

I can't speak for the other guys because they're AHL guys, but they're depth, so...most of them should be back.

DGM should be signed to be the #1 in SA/depth.

I like Mueller's skill and how he fits in with Huberdeau and Shore.

I like Weiss, but I'm about done with the Weiss era. I hope he's traded this year, and we, at the very least, get bigger up the middle next year with similar production. Either way, I no longer really care to have Weiss back next year, which is something I probably wouldn't have said before the year.

CoolburnIsGone

Something for everyone to keep in mind as well, we have some prospects that will also be signed. The list of guys that will be 20 and probably should be signed:

Nick Bjugstad
Corbin Knight
Wade Megan
Logan Shaw
Jonathan Racine (most likely/maybe?)

And not in that list but already signed is Vincent Trocheck. So thats 6 guys right there that we need contract spots for (5 are forwards). We're currently at 48 contracts of the total 50 limit.

I think we may not re-sign every RFA at this point but not sure who wouldnt be retained (maybe let Selleck go but bring him back to SA on a AHL-only deal). On the UFA side, Santorelli, Kovalev, Deveaux & Rallo are definitely gone. Yonkman and Smithson are probably gone too (though Smithson could be back). Theo might end up retiring so he's probably not coming back either. Weiss is 50/50 at this point. His lack of strong play so far is probably hurting his ability to get that $5M/yr contract and could put us back into a position to re-sign him for a more friendly deal. I think we should re-sign Strachan & DGM for sure.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I can't speak for the other guys because they're AHL guys, but they're depth, so...most of them should be back.

I like Weiss, but I'm about done with the Weiss era. I hope he's traded this year, and we, at the very least, get bigger up the middle next year with similar production. Either way, I no longer really care to have Weiss back next year, which is something I probably wouldn't have said before the year.

Same.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

Same.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
UFA

Weiss I feel he breaks this slump but if we can trade for a younger improved Center then do it, if not try and re-sign him under $5million
Santorelli - NO!!!
Theodore - It'll depend on how he finshes off the year but Clem is better right now
Kovalev - RETIRES end of the year
Smithson - NO!!
Yonkman - NO!!
Deveaux - NO!!
Strachan - a 1yr would be fine with me, 2 way if possible
Grumet-Morris - Heard good things about him.
Rallo - NO!!

RFA

Mueller Other than Marky, should be our main focus. 2-3yr would be ideal.
Markstrom 4yr minimum please!!!
Robak 2yr deal would be nice. Could be the 7th man for us next year.
Matthias 2 yr deal, definitely a bottom six guy
Skille Same as Matthias
Timmins
Hamill
Rheault
Caruso
Foster Heard good things about him as well.
Nash
Selleck

Don't know much about the rest and 50 is the contract limit and we need other young guns signed.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I don't know enough about the lesser-known prospects to really make an assessment on to re-sign them or not.

Obviously, Markstrom should be the main focus of re-signing and I'd think they'd have to lock him up long-term with the possibility of being the starter here next season.

Mueller I'd definitely give maybe a two-year deal, If he can stay healthy, he could be a very important player to build with.

I want Weiss back if he can regain his old composure, but not for more than 4.5-5 million per season.

I'm on the fence with Theodore. He's had his good games and bad this season. I guess it depends on how ready Markstrom is after this season. Maybe give a one-year deal?

I'd give Smithson another shot. He's a great faceoff man and plays with a good amount of effort. Maybe a 2-3 year deal?

I really like how Robak played this time up with the big club. I expect him to eventually become a regular, so I'd want him re-signed for sure for a few seasons.

I like Matthias and Skille as they're both good 3rd & 4th liners and play hard in almost every game, but are expendable. I'd give them the possibility of given a 2-year deal or so.

Strachan I want re-signed and I think he'll get better as time goes on. Maybe for a 1-2 year deal.

I think Kovalev will retire after this season.

I think Caruso could eventually be a regular NHL defenseman somewhere, but I'm not sure if he'd crack the lineup here for long.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think Strachan definitely gets re-signed. I think Smithson, Rallo, DGM, and Yonkman are possibly re-signed.

Of the RFA's, I think all get re-signed except maybe Hamill, Foster, Nash, and Selleck.

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Weiss - If he can return to form sure, for the right price that is.
Santorelli - I think we've given this kid enough chances.
Theodore - Nope not with clemmensen locked up.
Kovalev - Should retire
Smithson - Uhhh I really dont see it. Timmins can replace him if not someone in Free Agency.
Yonkman - Yea decent top 6 AHL defenseman. Not a must though easily can be replaced
Deveaux - Oh god please no
Strachan - Yea we should offer him 2-3 years. Good top 6.
Grumet-Morris - Great AHL starter( Assuming that Markstrom will be our NHL starter).
Rallo - Good AHL guy, adds Toughness.

RFA

Mueller - Should be a high priority. Long term
Markstrom - Same as Mueller.
Robak - Well we've seen what he can do at NHL level. Should be Strachan partner next year.
Matthias - Good hard worker. 3rd-4th liner. 1-3 years.
Skille - Same as Matthias
Timmins- Replacement for Smithson, 2-3 years
Hamill - Not really a need but wouldnt mind giving him another year.
Rheault- Yep good AHL'er. 2-3 years.
Caruso- Could be a top 6 NHL defenseman. Had a great opening night. 1-2 years. See what he can do.
Foster- Could battle Markstrom for his starting spot years down the road. Lock him up long term.
Nash- Great top 4 AHL defenseman. Good play with Yonkman on line 2.
Selleck- No not a must. But definitely wouldnt hurt!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad