LeBrun: Florida desired destination for Max Pacioretty - has NMC helping him control the process.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
How has Pacioretty looked in Washington?
Pretty solid. Not showing up in terms of goals, but his assist numbers are up. Always knew he could score goals, but I didn't know his hockey sense and play-making ability were so good, and he's got a much more vigorous battle quotient than I expected. He's obviously diminished by age and injury, but he's been a useful offensive asset on a team that has a shortage of those.

Also, his shooting percentage is at a historically low 5.4%, half his career average. So whoever picks him up will get the benefit of some mean reversion

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Ah yes, noted playoff warrior for sure
So either you're a playoff warrior or someone you should stay away from?

Pretty funny when you think about how Kessel was considered the same and now has 3 cups. Even Ovy was on that boat for some.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
So either you're a playoff warrior or someone you should stay away from?

Pretty funny when you think about how Kessel was considered the same and now has 3 cups. Even Ovy was on that boat for some.
Get back to me when Pacioretty plays one single playoff game where he looks like he gives a shit at all

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Get back to me when Pacioretty plays one single playoff game where he looks like he gives a shit at all
Guy produces similar rate in playoffs than he does in regular season. Better with Vegas than in Montreal where he was the only forward with skill. Maybe he's just not that good, easier to light up bad teams in regular season.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Guy produces similar rate in playoffs than he does in regular season. Better with Vegas than in Montreal where he was the only forward with skill. Maybe he's just not that good, easier to light up bad teams in regular season.
He’s a good player he just has the intensity of a room temperature glass of milk

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
pacioretty will make florida worse so here's to hoping he gets what he wants!

we are probably playing them or rangers in the first round so we fuc*ed either way lmao

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
You're on the same roster with Mantha, Ovi and Kuzy the optics are probably in your favor even if you just for half-assed your half-assing. Zito is not stupid.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He’s a good player he just has the intensity of a room temperature glass of milk
He's not so good that he produced in the playoffs without trying much more than you are suggesting. He's always scored in bunches. I think, like people did with Kessel in Toronto, people put way too much expectation on him on Montreal. He was never good enough to carry an offense on his own against good teams. There's a reason he put up more than respectable playoff numbers in Vegas playing with better players.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
This is a textbook case of no self-awareness. He used to be an impact player. Now he's an injury prone 35 year old who has 3 goals in 25 games. He thinks his preferences still matter when his career is circling the drain.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
This is a textbook case of no self-awareness. He used to be an impact player. Now he's an injury prone 35 year old who has 3 goals in 25 games. He thinks his preferences still matter when his career is circling the drain.
Harsh, but true. He could be an effective support player if he wants, but he would need to commit to playing the game differently. No more blowing the zone the second he thinks his team might regain possession.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Max is a third liner on a contender at this point of his career. If you're counting on him on the top 2 lines in the playoffs, you will be sorely disappointed.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

What? He's cheap. I don't think anyone is penciling him as a top-6 forward.

He has played at a 0.60 point/game clip. That's better than following:

Elias Lindholm
Sean Couturier
Timo Meier
Ivan Barbashev
Reilly Smith

All that while playing on a garbage offensive team. I'm not saying he's some kind of a great piece but like i said, he's cheap and producing at a great rate. Likely won't cost much of anything asset-wise.

Seems dumb to comment on players that you've clearly haven't watched playing this season.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
He's not so good that he produced in the playoffs without trying much more than you are suggesting. He's always scored in bunches. I think, like people did with Kessel in Toronto, people put way too much expectation on him on Montreal. He was never good enough to carry an offense on his own against good teams. There's a reason he put up more than respectable playoff numbers in Vegas playing with better players.
You can ignore those Habs fans. Best forward the team has had in 30 years and he gets hated on. That is why the team has been the most offensively deprived of talent across the league in that time. They will turn on the player as soon as he has difficulties. Guy had David Desharnais as his center.

I wish Max the best. He has shown he can still be effective and score goals in a more limited role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad