Proposal: Florida - Anaheim (Lindholm for Montour and Tippett)

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Rental prices haven’t been much higher than that lately? If he was on contract it would be different.

If Hampus hits the market, I think he becomes the hottest commodity available. He's in his prime (as opposed to Giroux) and exactly what you want in the playoffs. I think just about every contending team would be in on him - even without term on his contract.

Reactions: Yemeth

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Our 1st is in ‘23, I’m afraid another team can top our deal with a 1st in this coming draft plus either a player even higher than Tippett/Denisenko/Samoskevich, or additional picks. Adding him would be monumental for the panthers:

Lindholm-Ekblad
Forsling-Weegar (this was our top line last playoffs)
Then bumping Gudas down to the 3rd pairing

I’d do the 1st plus a 3rd in this years draft (ducks don’t have one this draft, so it fills that gap), plus any of those three mentioned players, plus a cap dump like Vatrano

Reactions: kerrabria

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Our 1st is in ‘23, I’m afraid another team can top our deal with a 1st in this coming draft plus either a player even higher than Tippett/Denisenko/Samoskevich, or additional picks. Adding him would be monumental for the panthers:

Lindholm-Ekblad
Forsling-Weegar (this was our top line last playoffs)
Then bumping Gudas down to the 3rd pairing

I’d do the 1st plus a 3rd in this years draft (ducks don’t have one this draft, so it fills that gap), plus any of those three mentioned players, plus a cap dump like Vatrano

I just really can't see the Panthers having the best offer. I would be shocked if another team didn't top that.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
How about Lindholm (50% retained), Grant, Guhle for Tippett, Denisenko, Schmidt, Ludvig? Ducks would continue to get prospects but would leave a big hole on D, but they can probably find some free agents next year.

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
How about Lindholm (50% retained), Grant, Guhle for Tippett, Denisenko, Schmidt, Ludvig? Ducks would continue to get prospects but would leave a big hole on D, but they can probably find some free agents next year.

Not sure if Florida wants to deplete their prospect system that much, different story if Lindholm wasn't UFA.

Think you could get 2 of those prospects + a 1st though and Florida gets Lindholm and a depth pick.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I'm assuming you're a Ducks fan.
All I know about Grant and Guhle is what I can look at in the stats. But we already have a log jam at forward, and we have more than enough young, unproven LHD, so we'd have no interest in them.

How much do you know about each of our prospects? Assuming the cap is going up by $1m, if Anaheim would prefer prospects closer to the NHL instead of waiting to draft and develop somebody in the 2023 draft, I'd happily sign up for

to ANA: Vatrano, Tippett, Denisenko, Ludvig
to FLA: Lindholm (50% retained), mid-round pick

We'd need to send over Vatrano for cap reasons (your proposal wouldn't work with our cap, or waiver situation for that matter). I'd ask for a mind round pick because I don't see how we can cough up three cost-controlled young guys for a rental without at least getting something down the road. And I added the caveat of the cap going up because Denisenko's and Tippett's value to Florida next year will lie in their ability to be plugged into the top 9 while making <$1m.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
All I know about Grant and Guhle is what I can look at in the stats. But we already have a log jam at forward, and we have more than enough young, unproven LHD, so we'd have no interest in them.

How much do you know about each of our prospects? Assuming the cap is going up by $1m, if Anaheim would prefer prospects closer to the NHL instead of waiting to draft and develop somebody in the 2023 draft, I'd happily sign up for

We'd need to send over Vatrano for cap reasons (your proposal wouldn't work with our cap, or waiver situation for that matter).
I'd ask for a mind round pick because I don't see how we can cough up three cost-controlled young guys for a rental without at least getting something down the road.
And I added the caveat of the cap going up because Denisenko's and Tippett's value to Florida next year will lie in their ability to be plugged into the top 9 while making <$1m.

Replace Ludvig with Gildon and that'd be a fair deal if Ducks are looking to hit on a couple prospects that still have good upside.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Replace Ludvig with Gildon and that'd be a fair deal if Ducks are looking to hit on a couple prospects that still have good upside.
I’m not familiar with those 3, any sort of info on them.

Well tippet I know, not a huge fan tho

gildon
Ludvig
Danseibko

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I’m not familiar with those 3, any sort of info on them.

Well tippet I know, not a huge fan tho

gildon
Ludvig
Danseibko
Grigori Denisenko
  • highly skilled winger in his draft+4 year
  • has all the offensive tools, very aggressive and physical
  • was seen as one of the rawest talents of the 2018 draft, and that combined with his language barrier and playing on international ice meant that he would always be a long-term project
  • lit up the World Juniors for Russia
  • was okay in the KHL
  • has put up underwhelming numbers in the AHL
Cole Schwindt
  • two-way C/RW in his draft+3 year
  • currently putting up good numbers as an AHL center while playing good defense
  • should be ready for a bottom 6 role in the NHL by 2023-24
Max Gildon
  • big, offensive-minded LHD in his draft+5 year
  • was a stud for New Hampshire in NCAA Hockey East
  • was an AHL all-star as a rookie last year loaned to Bakersfield
  • has fallen off the map playing with our AHL program (as so many of our prospects do)
John Ludvig
  • LHD in his draft+3 year
  • known most for his crazy intangibles and dedication to hockey
  • captained the Portland Winterhawks as a 19-year-old (point per game season)
  • apparently looked great in his brief AHL stint last year
  • something has gone wrong this year. he has some mystery injury/illness and hasn't played a single game

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Grigori Denisenko
  • was seen as one of the rawest talents of the 2018 draft, and that combined with his language barrier and playing on international ice meant that he would always be a long-term project
  • was okay in the KHL
Cole Schwindt
Max Gildon
  • has fallen off the map playing with our AHL program (as so many of our prospects do)
John Ludvig
  • something has gone wrong this year. he has some mystery injury/illness and hasn't played a single game

Thanks for overviews, normally I’d be against LHD as we have fowler lindholm mahura zellweger thrun lacombe hinds Benoit etc…. But in a trade for lindholm I don’t mind as much…. We’ll need to find someone to fill in those mins…. Hopefully thrun can be they guy

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Grigori Denisenko
  • was okay in the KHL
Cole Schwindt
Max Gildon
John Ludvig

Some of the prospects sound interesting, but I think the Ducks would probably go for fewer, higher quality prospect(s)/pick(s). They have plenty of depth at every position (except maybe RHD) between their young guys on the roster and in the system. The closest to guaranteed top liners right now are Terry (IF he can keep up his play) and Zegras.

McTavish is trending like that 2C behind Z (if he can stick at C), Lundestrom is breaking out as a good 3C, and Steel/Groulx can probably be a good 4C, all of whom should be able to play up a line for short times in case of injuries.

If Comtois goes back to playing like last season, he might be able to fill in as the LW on the top line or at least be a top 6 LW, and Tracey and Perrault could be top 6 wingers. Ducks have Drysdale on RD (trending to be a top pair guy), but a bunch of question marks behind him. On LD, they have a lot of depth, probably Thrun and Zellweger being the two best.

What the Ducks are missing a big, bruising defensive D (like what Manson brought), and elite talent (which we won't directly get in a trade). Ducks probably need to target prospects that fill in the gaps or who the scouts view as having high potential and draft picks and hope to either trade up or hit a home run.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site

We'd need to send over Vatrano for cap reasons (your proposal wouldn't work with our cap, or waiver situation for that matter). I'd ask for a mind round pick because I don't see how we can cough up three cost-controlled young guys for a rental without at least getting something down the road. And I added the caveat of the cap going up because Denisenko's and Tippett's value to Florida next year will lie in their ability to be plugged into the top 9 while making <$1m.

I added Guhle and Grant for contract purposes (I didn’t check each teams availability). Ducks need more grinders and physical players like Schmidt and Ludvig… good teams have beef and are nasty to play against.

I think this might end up being the best offer the ducks can get. I don’t want them to acquire more 1sts unless it’s a lottery pick and no one is going to offer that for a UFA (unless they work out an extension). We need players on the cusp. Tippet has tools but is a 50/50 guy to make it, and so is Denisenko, but they would offer offensive depth and speed. Ducks need to roll the dice and I’d prefer a trade than offer Lindholm a 8 year stupid money contract.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Some of the prospects sound interesting, but I think the Ducks would probably go for fewer, higher quality prospect(s)/pick(s). They have plenty of depth at every position (except maybe RHD) between their young guys on the roster and in the system. The closest to guaranteed top liners right now are Terry (IF he can keep up his play) and Zegras.

McTavish is trending like that 2C behind Z (if he can stick at C), Lundestrom is breaking out as a good 3C, and Steel/Groulx can probably be a good 4C, all of whom should be able to play up a line for short times in case of injuries.

If Comtois goes back to playing like last season, he might be able to fill in as the LW on the top line or at least be a top 6 LW, and Tracey and Perrault could be top 6 wingers. Ducks have Drysdale on RD (trending to be a top pair guy), but a bunch of question marks behind him. On LD, they have a lot of depth, probably Thrun and Zellweger being the two best.

What the Ducks are missing a big, bruising defensive D (like what Manson brought), and elite talent (which we won't directly get in a trade). Ducks probably need to target prospects that fill in the gaps or who the scouts view as having high potential and draft picks and hope to either trade up or hit a home run.

I was hoping for tough prospects but there aren’t many available. With Verbeek we might start leaning towards those types via the draft. We might need to go UFA route for now like Zadorov, Risto, MacDermid, etc.

Too bad Schneider established himself the past few months, I was hoping Rakell might have been able to acquire him.

Reactions: lwvs84

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022

That probably only happens if he's willing to instantly sign with the buying team though?
Him stating he wants to test the market doesn't leave too many teams/GMs able to pull that off.
For 20 regular season games + however many playoff games doesn't equal multiple higher valued picks or prospects.

If so can you list a trade or two that has netted that return for a UFA?

Look at Stone trade, he didn't have any movement protection, was on an expiring deal and got a recent 1st round defense prospect in Brannstrom

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That probably only happens if he's willing to instantly sign with the buying team though?
Him stating he wants to test the market doesn't leave too many teams/GMs able to pull that off.
For 20 regular season games + however many playoff games doesn't equal multiple higher valued picks or prospects.

Look at Stone trade, he didn't have any movement protection, was on an expiring deal and got a recent 1st round defense prospect in Brannstrom
If he has to leave Anaheim, he might as well see what the market bears unless the acquiring team is offering him the max 8 year term. Atarting that year 8 at age 35, probably guess that year is worth $4 mill give or take.

so an AAV of $500-$600k less per season on an 8 year term vs a 7 year term.

Reactions: BillyZito

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
If he has to leave Anaheim, he might as well see what the market bears unless the acquiring team is offering him the max 8 year term. Atarting that year 8 at age 35, probably guess that year is worth $4 mill give or take.

so an AAV of $500-$600k less per season on an 8 year term vs a 7 year term.

Good point on the 7 vs 8th year option, makes a big difference if that team is set up to win for years while maybe in a state with lower tax rates too.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

Rentals often go for fewer than 4 assets. The trade listed had 4 players going to the Ducks, a couple that were mid 20's and not in the NHL. With how Ducks draft, I'd rather gamble with a 1st rounder + prospect, which rentals get all the time. I know he's not getting a high end prospect as a rental, but he'll really net a first. I don't know much about the prospects listed, a draft+4 year underwhelming in the AHL, a draft+5 that's fallen off the map, and LHD with a mystery injury/illness are probably comparable or behind others in the system already. I'd aim for a 1st and a RHD/ big defensive D prospect. Just get 2 better assets than 4 lesser ones unless scouts think they will be late bloomers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad